Clonidine and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 38,161 people who have side effects when taking Clonidine from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
38,161 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine.
Among them, 2,373 people (6.22%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clonidine when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 62.16 %
- 1 - 6 months: 13.51 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.76 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.11 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.05 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.7 %
- 10+ years: 2.7 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Clonidine *:
- female: 58.38 %
- male: 41.62 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Clonidine *:
- 0-1: 0.76 %
- 2-9: 3.68 %
- 10-19: 4.06 %
- 20-29: 2.49 %
- 30-39: 5.08 %
- 40-49: 12.44 %
- 50-59: 22.39 %
- 60+: 49.11 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 247 people, 10.41%
- Depression: 128 people, 5.39%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 125 people, 5.27%
- Stress And Anxiety: 125 people, 5.27%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 114 people, 4.80%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 284 people, 11.97%
- Lisinopril: 260 people, 10.96%
- Aspirin: 239 people, 10.07%
- Amlodipine: 220 people, 9.27%
- Lipitor: 218 people, 9.19%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 579 people, 24.40%
- Weakness: 567 people, 23.89%
- Pain: 434 people, 18.29%
- Breathing Difficulty: 429 people, 18.08%
- Dizziness: 406 people, 17.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Fatigue while taking Clonidine?
You are not alone:
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Clonidine 39,131 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, depression (latest reports from 491,634 Fatigue patients).
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue (4,383 drugs)
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue (5,463 conditions)
Clonidine side effects
- Clonidine side effects (38,173 reports)
Browse all side effects of Clonidinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Kunigundendraut and Sonazine drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Immunosuppressant Drug Level Increased with 3-Hydroxybutyric Acid Lactone? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Decreased Immune Responsiveness with Alcaine? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Speech Impairment (Adult) with Nicotine? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Slurred Speech with Nicotine? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Keflex - 50 minutes ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Omeprazole - an hour ago
- Drug comparison of Xeljanz Xr, Coumadin, Methylprednisolone for a 52 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Bystolic, Irbesartan - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Apriso, Pentasa, Dipentum, Sulfasalazine, Balsalazide Disodium for a 53 year old woman - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.