Clonidine and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Fatigue with Clonidine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 32,994 people who have side effects when taking Clonidine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
32,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine.
Among them, 2,004 people (6.07%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clonidine when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 62.71 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.78 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10.17 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.39 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.39 %
- 10+ years: 1.69 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Clonidine *:
- female: 58.3 %
- male: 41.7 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Clonidine *:
- 0-1: 0.81 %
- 2-9: 4.14 %
- 10-19: 3.76 %
- 20-29: 2.13 %
- 30-39: 4.82 %
- 40-49: 12.97 %
- 50-59: 22.99 %
- 60+: 48.37 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 216 people, 10.78%
- Stress And Anxiety: 107 people, 5.34%
- Depression: 107 people, 5.34%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 103 people, 5.14%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 100 people, 4.99%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 264 people, 13.17%
- Lisinopril: 260 people, 12.97%
- Aspirin: 239 people, 11.93%
- Norvasc: 207 people, 10.33%
- Lipitor: 201 people, 10.03%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 505 people, 25.20%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 498 people, 24.85%
- Breathing Difficulty: 388 people, 19.36%
- Pain: 379 people, 18.91%
- Dizziness: 351 people, 17.51%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Clonidine and have Fatigue?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Fatigue
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Clonidine 33,963 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 406,378 Fatigue patients).
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue (4,337 drugs)
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue (5,393 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFatigue and drugs with ingredients of clonidine. (2,146 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFatigue and Clonidine from FDA and eHealthMe reports (2,032 reports)
Clonidine side effects
- Clonidine side effects (33,006 reports)
Browse all side effects of Clonidinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Clonidine and have Fatigue
- Support group for people who have Fatigue
- Support group for people who take Clonidine
Can you answer these questions
- So fatigued-feel like this disease has taken away all interests and stolen who I am-anyone else experiencing that? Any suggestions for how you bring pleasure back in your life? Thanks, L
- I've been taking vivitrol for 2 months now and I have extreme fatigue. I can sleep for 16 hours a day. I cant get motivated to do anything. Does this go away?
- Is there any way to resolve Flecainide-caused fatigue without discontinuing the drug?
- does anyone know if you can just stop taking this drug ?
- I was wondering if someone can help me. I have systemic candida which has been really hard to get rid of. To top it off, I take suboxone for pain. Has anyone noticed if the suboxone made the candida symptoms worse?
You may be interested in these posts
- Have been on Jardiance for 3 months supposedly as a test because I take metformin. Could not understand what has happened to me as I am fatigued after doing the most minor chores. I am so happy to find this group.
- Seems more than fatigue, I hope for an antidote , I want my life back.
- Is this for real? I have been on Fosamax for a month and take it on Sundays. By the afternoon, I am so exhausted. I thought it was from working too many hours during the week, but this is crazy fatigue.
- I was taking Voltaren 50mg twice a day for one week. I start feeling fatigue, i feel so bad, i can’t stand myself. I went to the Dr. And she said that Voltaren doesn’t give fatigue. She ran some test, like blood sugar, blood presure, Ekg, etc etc. Everything is Ok. So she sugest it to continue...
- I have recently started taking prazosin for chronic PTSD and nightmares. Although it is helping me sleep better and has definitely helped with the nightmares I find myself completely exhausted all the time. I have to push myself to do things because I am so tired....any advice?
- Will you have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness with Mitoxantrone?
- Will you have Weariness with Mitoxantrone?
- Will you have Tiredness with Mitoxantrone?
- Will you have Lethargy with Mitoxantrone?
- Will you have Exhaustion with Mitoxantrone?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Mitoxantrone and have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness?
- Support group for people who take Mitoxantrone and have Weariness?
- Support group for people who take Mitoxantrone and have Tiredness?
- Support group for people who take Mitoxantrone and have Lethargy?
- Support group for people who take Mitoxantrone and have Exhaustion?
- What to expect when you take Mitoxantrone and have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness?
- What to expect when you take Mitoxantrone and have Weariness?
- What to expect when you take Mitoxantrone and have Tiredness?
- What to expect when you take Mitoxantrone and have Lethargy?
- What to expect when you take Mitoxantrone and have Exhaustion?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.