Clonidine and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Fatigue with Clonidine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 32,994 people who have side effects when taking Clonidine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 19, 2018
32,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine.
Among them, 2,004 people (6.07%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clonidine when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 62.71 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.78 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10.17 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.39 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.39 %
- 10+ years: 1.69 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Clonidine *:
- female: 58.3 %
- male: 41.7 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Clonidine *:
- 0-1: 0.81 %
- 2-9: 4.14 %
- 10-19: 3.76 %
- 20-29: 2.13 %
- 30-39: 4.82 %
- 40-49: 12.97 %
- 50-59: 22.99 %
- 60+: 48.37 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (216 people, 10.78%)
- Stress And Anxiety (107 people, 5.34%)
- Depression (107 people, 5.34%)
- Multiple Myeloma (103 people, 5.14%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (100 people, 4.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (264 people, 13.17%)
- Lisinopril (260 people, 12.97%)
- Aspirin (239 people, 11.93%)
- Norvasc (207 people, 10.33%)
- Lipitor (201 people, 10.03%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (505 people, 25.20%)
- Nausea (498 people, 24.85%)
- Breathing Difficulty (388 people, 19.36%)
- Pain (379 people, 18.91%)
- Dizziness (351 people, 17.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Fatigue when taking Clonidine?
- Check symptoms - is fatigue caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFatigue and drugs with ingredients of clonidine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFatigue and Clonidine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Clonidine 33,962 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 406,355 Fatigue patients).
Browse all side effects of Clonidinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I was wondering if someone can help me. I have systemic candida which has been really hard to get rid of. To top it off, I take suboxone for pain. Has anyone noticed if the suboxone made the candida symptoms worse?
I have persistent Atrial Fibrillation. My doctor has advised to stop taking 20 mg xarelto for one week then go to 15 mg. I stopped 6 days ago still have the itching problem....will this itching ever go away? Is there anything I can do to stop/cure it? Hope good people out there can give ...
Hello, I'm a 63 y/o female who decided to wean off morphine (my decision) which was prescribed for post op (lobectomy of right lung) pain. I sustained nerve damage in surgery but am thankfully cured. Under Pain Management Doc care I am taking Clonidine and Morphine 15mg IR tabs. I'm just ...
59 years...Just had my 2nd dose of prolia , during a routine 24 urine test, was found to have hypercalciumia now on chlorthalidone which caused me to have a critical low potassium.went to EC for potassium . Have been feeling tired, with upper arm pain and a headache X1 week prior to and after ...
User posts to the study
I am a 79 year old female who has CAD, HF, Diabetes, Osteoarthritis, IBS and a multitude of other minor health problems. On researching Curcumin I found it is supposedly beneficial for arthritis, inflammation, memory problems and other health issues. I have taken it for over three weeks and ...
I had been on Brlinita for about 1 1/2 yrs. -- after having two heart stents put in. Also a beta blocker and baby aspirin regemin. At that point I felt in no position to argue. Maybe 3 months in to the Brilinta & beta blocker, I started complaining about fatigue & intertia. Strange ...
Just started taking Cholestyramine about 2 weeks ago and now experiencing fatigue. Very sluggish. Never felt this way before. Male age 60 not taking any other meds at all. Just multi-vitamens & an iron pill.