Coumadin and Weakness - from FDA reports
Weakness is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Weakness with Coumadin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 105,023 people who have side effects when taking Coumadin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
105,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin.
Among them, 6,648 people (6.33%) have Weakness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Coumadin when people have Weakness *:
- < 1 month: 26.21 %
- 1 - 6 months: 19.42 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.17 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.5 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.08 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10.19 %
- 10+ years: 2.43 %
Gender of people who have Weakness when taking Coumadin *:
- female: 57.52 %
- male: 42.48 %
Age of people who have Weakness when taking Coumadin *:
- 0-1: 0.07 %
- 2-9: 0.04 %
- 10-19: 0.29 %
- 20-29: 1.1 %
- 30-39: 2.8200000000000003 %
- 40-49: 7.02 %
- 50-59: 15.21 %
- 60+: 73.45 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 464 people, 6.98%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 404 people, 6.08%
- Pain: 319 people, 4.80%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 300 people, 4.51%
- High Blood Pressure: 297 people, 4.47%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 1,568 people, 23.59%
- Digoxin: 905 people, 13.61%
- Aspirin: 868 people, 13.06%
- Zometa: 839 people, 12.62%
- Lipitor: 702 people, 10.56%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,976 people, 29.72%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1,528 people, 22.98%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,486 people, 22.35%
- Pain: 1,477 people, 22.22%
- Dizziness: 1,314 people, 19.77%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Coumadin and have Weakness?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Weakness
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
- We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 109,191 users)
Weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 303,652 Weakness patients).
Drugs that are associated with WeaknessWeakness (4,231 drugs)
Could your condition cause WeaknessWeakness (5,064 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWeakness and drugs with ingredients of warfarin sodium. (10,972 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWeakness and Coumadin from FDA and eHealthMe reports (6,672 reports)
Coumadin side effects
- Coumadin side effects (105,083 reports)
Browse all side effects of Coumadina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Coumadin and have Weakness
- Support group for people who have Weakness
- Support group for people who take Coumadin
Can you answer these questions
- I used Coumadin for 12 years my face is red. I also take amiadorone.
- Anybody on this site or I’m a alone!!!!
- I have been recently given a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. I had an atypical presentation with muscle pains in my thighs and later on wrist swelling. No joint pains or stiffness. Probably very early still. I am taking low dose steroids and MTX. The muscle pains improved but I developed...
- I am asking if others find this problem a norm? I am supposedly in the age group that has the most probable chance for this problem at 71. Of course the other provkem is the price of eliquis. First month was $409.55 This New Year.
- Can Coumadin cause a false decrease in the ESR test? I have Lupus. My ESR was always in the 40s and up until I was put in Coumadin. Now, even though my symptoms have increased profoundly, my ESR remains in normal range.
You may be interested in these posts
- Had the Mirena fitted 6 months ago and haven’t been feeling right since!
- I just started on finasteride about a month ago. I have been on warafin since 2013 when I was initially diagnosed with bi lateral DVT I am trying to find out if finasteride affects INR
- After several mRI's and cat scans to check for MS it turns out to be side effects from the glipizide or at least were hoping. Ive stopped taking Glipized for 5 days now and seem to be able to walk a little longer but not far before the weakness intrudes on my legs I sit with muscle spasms, the...
- I have been so tired, weak and shaky while beginning my half dose of Chantix. I’m kinda afraid to graduate to the full dose!
- I have extreme muscle weakness and I wonder if metoprolol is causing it. I've been taking it for about a year.
- Will you have Spider Vein with Fluorouracil?
- Will you have Drowsiness with Omnaris?
- Will you have Can'T Stay Awake with Omnaris?
- Will you have Can'T Stay Wake with Omnaris?
- Will you have Sleepy with Omnaris?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Fluorouracil and have Spider Vein?
- Support group for people who take Omnaris and have Drowsiness?
- Support group for people who take Omnaris and have Can'T Stay Awake?
- Support group for people who take Omnaris and have Can'T Stay Wake?
- Support group for people who take Omnaris and have Sleepy?
- What to expect when you take Fluorouracil and have Spider Vein?
- What to expect when you take Omnaris and have Drowsiness?
- What to expect when you take Omnaris and have Can'T Stay Awake?
- What to expect when you take Omnaris and have Can'T Stay Wake?
- What to expect when you take Omnaris and have Sleepy?
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Prolia
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Elavil, Esomeprazole Sodium, Tranxene, Vitamin D3, Afrinol, Prolia, Calcium Carbonate, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Femara
- A study for a 84 year old man who takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Namenda
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Xeljanz
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.