Crestor and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Niaspan, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Crestor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 95,339 people who have side effects when taking Crestor from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 15, 2017
95,339 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor.
Among them, 2,243 people (2.35%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Crestor when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 45.45 %
- 1 - 6 months: 27.27 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.14 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.74 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.19 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.9 %
- 10+ years: 1.3 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Crestor *:
- female: 55.53 %
- male: 44.47 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Crestor *:
- 0-1: 0.42 %
- 2-9: 0.06 %
- 10-19: 0.06 %
- 20-29: 0.3 %
- 30-39: 1.87 %
- 40-49: 8.16 %
- 50-59: 25.27 %
- 60+: 63.85 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (285 people, 12.71%)
- High Density Lipoprotein Decreased (189 people, 8.43%)
- Diabetes (126 people, 5.62%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (88 people, 3.92%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (82 people, 3.66%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Niaspan (609 people, 27.15%)
- Aspirin (452 people, 20.15%)
- Plavix (241 people, 10.74%)
- Lisinopril (196 people, 8.74%)
- Fish Oil (184 people, 8.20%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (745 people, 33.21%)
- Skin Blushing/flushing (483 people, 21.53%)
- Fatigue (196 people, 8.74%)
- Urticaria (186 people, 8.29%)
- Feeling Hot (184 people, 8.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Itching when taking Crestor?
- Check symptoms - is itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItching and drugs with ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Crestor from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Crestor 100,288 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 165,439 Itching patients).
Browse all side effects of Crestora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchingItching
Could your condition cause ItchingItching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello. I've been taking Crestor for 4-6 months now and for the last 2 months I've had 3 fevers. My last one lasting for 7 days. Ive been masking my symptoms with Tylenol or Advil but the doctors can't seem to find anything wrong. Anyone else been through this?
User reviews to the study
I've been taking Wellbutrin and found the generics don't work for me but the original drug works well. About a month and a half ago on Drs advice I began taking Crestor. Since then I have become more and more depressed and anxious. As if I weren't taking the Wellbutrin at all. Has anyone ...
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...
I had my gallbladder removed and had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I also have high cholesterol. My doctor put me on cholesterol medication called Welchol. At first, it was wonderful because it stopped me from having diarrhea so much. But now my skin itches everywhere even in my scalp.