Will you have Weight increased with Fanapt - from FDA reports
Weight increased is found among people who take Fanapt, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Latuda, and have Bipolar disorder. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,155 people who have side effects when taking Fanapt from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on iloperidone (the active ingredients of Fanapt) and Fanapt (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Weight increased are also considered in the study.
What is Fanapt?
Fanapt has active ingredients of iloperidone. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from Fanapt 1,203 users)
What is Weight increased?
Weight increased has been reported by people with depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, birth control, pain (latest reports from 157,696 Weight increased patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
1,155 people reported to have side effects when taking Fanapt.
Among them, 75 people (6.49%) have Weight increased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Fanapt when people have Weight increased *:
- < 1 month: 53.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 26.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 13.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Weight increased when taking Fanapt *:
- female: 58.33 %
- male: 41.67 %
Age of people who have Weight increased when taking Fanapt *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.71 %
- 20-29: 22.86 %
- 30-39: 28.57 %
- 40-49: 14.29 %
- 50-59: 20.0 %
- 60+: 8.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 10 people, 13.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 8 people, 10.67%
- Pain: 5 people, 6.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 6.67%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 5 people, 6.67%
- Affective Disorder (mental disorder): 4 people, 5.33%
- Hypersensitivity: 4 people, 5.33%
- Sleep Disorder: 4 people, 5.33%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3 people, 4.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 4.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Latuda: 13 people, 17.33%
- Seroquel: 12 people, 16.00%
- Zyprexa: 9 people, 12.00%
- Haldol: 9 people, 12.00%
- Geodon: 8 people, 10.67%
- Saphris: 8 people, 10.67%
- Risperdal: 8 people, 10.67%
- Invega: 7 people, 9.33%
- Abilify: 7 people, 9.33%
- Xanax: 7 people, 9.33%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Heart Rate Increased: 11 people, 14.67%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 11 people, 14.67%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 9 people, 12.00%
- Dry Mouth: 9 people, 12.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 9 people, 12.00%
- Dizziness: 8 people, 10.67%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 7 people, 9.33%
- Appetite - Increased (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires): 7 people, 9.33%
- Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels): 7 people, 9.33%
- Drowsiness: 7 people, 9.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Weight increased while taking Fanapt?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Weight increased
- Subscribe to monitor Weight increased in Fanapt
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Fanapt and have Weight increased
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Results from eHealthMe (non-FDA) reports of Weight increased with Fanapt
Severity of Weight increased *:
- least: 0.0 %
- moderate: 0.0 %
- severe: 100 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
How people recovered from Weight increased *:
- while on drug: 0.0 %
- after off the drug: 0.0 %
- not yet: 100 %
Effectiveness of Fanapt when people have Weight increased *:
- not at all: 0.0 %
- somewhat: 0.0 %
- moderate: 0.0 %
- high: 0.0 %
- very high: 100 %
* Approximation only.
Drugs that are associated with Weight increasedWeight increased (3,380 drugs)
Could your condition cause Weight increasedWeight increased (3,430 conditions)
Fanapt side effects
- Fanapt side effects (1,155 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Fanapta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Tremors with Zyvox? - now
- Will you have Borrelia Burgdorferi Serology Positive with Protonix? - now
- Will you have Hernia - Abdominal with Rocaltrol? - now
- Will you have Weight Increased with Fanapt? - now
- Will you have Tremor with Zyvox? - a second ago
- Theophylline and Aak drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Abdominal Wall Defects with Rocaltrol? - a second ago
- Sclerutin and Baldrian drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Weight Gain with Fanapt? - a second ago
- Will you have Abdominal Hernia with Rocaltrol? - a second ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Pravastatin Sodium, Fenofibrate, Lisinopril - 8 minutes ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Diclofenac Sodium - an hour ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Aeroseb-dex, Parafon Forte Dsc - an hour ago
- Prediction of Mirtazapine, Ramipril, Creatine for a 43 year old man - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Ramipril, Mirtazapine for a 43 year old man - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 88 year old man who takes Dutasteride - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 53 year old man who takes Amlodipine, Spironolactone, Lisinopril - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Co-codamol, Gabapentin - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Metformin Hydrochloride - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Diovan, Metformin, Avandia - 9 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.