Furosemide and Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is found among people who take Furosemide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Furosemide and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 274,621 people who have side effects when taking Furosemide from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
274,621 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide.
Among them, 2,933 people (1.07%) have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
What is Furosemide?
Furosemide has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. eHealthMe is studying from 276,869 Furosemide users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe) is found to be associated with 2,856 drugs and 2,088 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Furosemide and Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease reports submitted per year:
Time on Furosemide when people have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease *:
Gender of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Furosemide*:
Age of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Furosemide *:
Common drugs people take besides Furosemide *:
Common side effects people have besides Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Furosemide and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?Check whether Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ochoa PS, Fisher T, "A 7‐Year Case of Furosemide‐Induced Immune Thrombocytopenia", Pharmacotherapy: The Journal of Human Pharmacology and Drug Therapy, 2013 Jul .
How severe was Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of furosemide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Furosemide:
- Furosemide (276,869 reports)
Common Furosemide side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 20,650 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 14,970 reports
- Diarrhea: 13,530 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 13,476 reports
- Weakness: 13,137 reports
- Pneumonia: 13,078 reports
Browse all side effects of Furosemide:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treatments and more:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (180,051 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Spiriva: 7,121 reports
- Prednisone: 5,692 reports
- Symbicort: 4,676 reports
- Aspirin: 4,628 reports
- Albuterol: 3,918 reports
- Fosamax: 2,947 reports
- Furosemide: 2,933 reports
- Lasix: 2,829 reports
- Lisinopril: 2,490 reports
- Omeprazole: 2,415 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2,856 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,895 reports
- Osteoporosis: 3,472 reports
- Asthma: 3,370 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,274 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2,088 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on furosemide (the active ingredients of Furosemide) and Furosemide (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ritodrine Hydrochloride and Heart Rate Increased - 4 seconds ago
- Pressure Sore and drugs of ingredients of fentanyl citrate - 28 seconds ago
- Synalgos-Dc and Thorazine drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Candesartan Cilexetil and Ejaculation Delayed - 41 seconds ago
- How effective is Elavil for Fibromyalgia? - 42 seconds ago
- Lithium Carbonate and Muscle Disorder - 52 seconds ago
- Pseudomonas Infection and Chronic Kidney Disease - 53 seconds ago
- Prempro and Emend drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Mirtazapine and Dexilant drug interaction - a minute ago
- Nicoderm Cq and Pneumonia - a minute ago