Who have Diverticulitis with Ginger - from FDA reports
Diverticulitis is found among people who take Ginger, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Meclizine Hydrochloride, and have Bone density decreased. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,018 people who have side effects when taking Ginger from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
1,018 people reported to have side effects when taking Ginger.
Among them, 9 people (0.88%) have Diverticulitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Ginger *:
- female: 88.89 %
- male: 11.11 %
Age of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Ginger *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 11.11 %
- 60+: 77.78 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 5 people, 55.56%
- Bone Density Decreased: 5 people, 55.56%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 11.11%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 1 person, 11.11%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 11.11%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 1 person, 11.11%
- Breast Cancer: 1 person, 11.11%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Gemfibrozil: 5 people, 55.56%
- Fosamax: 5 people, 55.56%
- Avelox: 5 people, 55.56%
- Tobradex: 5 people, 55.56%
- Meclizine Hydrochloride: 5 people, 55.56%
- Acetaminophen: 4 people, 44.44%
- Dorzolamide Hydrochloride And Timolol Maleate: 1 person, 11.11%
- Flexeril: 1 person, 11.11%
- Fiorinal: 1 person, 11.11%
- Fioricet: 1 person, 11.11%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diverticulum (out pouching of a hollow (or a fluid-filled) structure in the body): 6 people, 66.67%
- Connective Tissue Disorder (any disease that has the connective tissues of the body): 6 people, 66.67%
- Dry Mouth: 5 people, 55.56%
- Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters): 5 people, 55.56%
- Oral Torus (a lesion made of compact bone and occurs along the palate or the mandible inside the mouth): 5 people, 55.56%
- Oral Disorder (mouth disease): 5 people, 55.56%
- Oral Discomfort (pain or irritation in mouth): 5 people, 55.56%
- Oral Candidiasis (fungal infection of mouth): 5 people, 55.56%
- Mouth Ulcers: 5 people, 55.56%
- Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye): 5 people, 55.56%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Diverticulitis while taking Ginger?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Diverticulitis
- Subscribe to monitor Diverticulitis in Ginger
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Ginger and have Diverticulitis
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Ginger has active ingredients of ginger. It is often used in nausea. (latest outcomes from Ginger 1,087 users)
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 21,237 Diverticulitis patients).
Drugs that are associated with DiverticulitisDiverticulitis (1,618 drugs)
Could your condition cause DiverticulitisDiverticulitis (1,138 conditions)
Ginger side effects
- Ginger side effects (1,018 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Gingera b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Almarshad HA, "Effect of ginger rhizome extract on lymphocytopenic guinea pig with azathioprine", African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 2014 Nov .
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Irritability with Cephalexin? - now
- Will you have Inconsolability with Cephalexin? - now
- Will you have Fussy with Cephalexin? - a second ago
- Will you have Extreme Fussy with Cephalexin? - a second ago
- Will you have Eating Disorder with Restoril? - a second ago
- Magnesium Sulfate and Zantac drug interaction - a second ago
- Lorcet-Hd and Coreg drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Movement - Uncoordinated with Glipizide? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Loss Of Coordination with Glipizide? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Lack Of Coordination with Glipizide? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Calcium, Vitamins, Atorvastatin Calcium, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Oxycodone, Morphine Sulfate - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Wellbutrin Sr, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Morphine, Oxycodone - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Isosorbide Mononitrate, Prozac, Lipitor, Hydrocortisone, Klor-con M15, Florinef, Sonata, Qudexy Xr, Dapsone - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Telmisartan And Hydrochlorothiazide - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Trokendi Xr, Protonix - 6 hours ago
- Prediction of Spironolactone, Celexa, Tacrolimus, Torsemide, Everolimus for a 65 year old man - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Asa, Vitamin D3, Buspar, Zantac - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Cymbalta, Depakote - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Verapamil Hcl, Nexplanon, Protonix, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Tresiba, Synthroid, Singulair, Diamox, Spironolactone, Seroquel, Victoza, Nuvigil, Glucophage Xr, Adderall, Humulin R, Pristiq - 13 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.