Inspra and Ascites - from FDA reports
Ascites is found among people who take Inspra, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metoprolol Succinate, and have Hepatitis c. This review analyzes which people have Ascites with Inspra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,902 people who have side effects when taking Inspra from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 25, 2017
1,902 people reported to have side effects when taking Inspra.
Among them, 13 people (0.68%) have Ascites
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Inspra when people have Ascites *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 50 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ascites when taking Inspra *:
- female: 8.33 %
- male: 91.67 %
Age of people who have Ascites when taking Inspra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hepatitis C (3 people, 23.08%)
- Systemic Sclerosis (2 people, 15.38%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (2 people, 15.38%)
- Pain (1 person, 7.69%)
- Arthritis (1 person, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metoprolol Succinate (3 people, 23.08%)
- Tracleer (2 people, 15.38%)
- Lasix (2 people, 15.38%)
- Demadex (2 people, 15.38%)
- Atacand (2 people, 15.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Increased (4 people, 30.77%)
- Pleural Effusion (4 people, 30.77%)
- Pulmonary Embolism (3 people, 23.08%)
- Hepatomegaly (3 people, 23.08%)
- Breathing Difficulty (3 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Ascites when taking Inspra?
- Check symptoms - is ascites caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAscites and drugs with ingredients of eplerenone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAscites and Inspra from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Inspra has active ingredients of eplerenone. It is often used in heart failure. (latest outcomes from Inspra 1,947 users)
Ascites (accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity) has been reported by people with hepatitis c, high blood pressure, hepatic neoplasm malignant, primary pulmonary hypertension, preventive health care (latest reports from 24,815 Ascites patients).
Browse all side effects of Inspraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AscitesAscites
Could your condition cause AscitesAscites
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I got serious fluid buildup while on Sprycel, and while it was less on Tasigna, it still was an occasional issue. I discontinued the tasigna last year, and have been more or less in remission for 14 months. The ascites has, however, returned again. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I ...