Lantus solostar and Pancreatitis - from FDA reports
Pancreatitis is found among people who take Lantus solostar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Novolog, and have High blood cholesterol. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,028 people who have side effects when taking Lantus solostar from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
19,028 people reported to have side effects when taking Lantus solostar.
Among them, 51 people (0.27%) have Pancreatitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lantus solostar when people have Pancreatitis *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 66.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Lantus solostar *:
- female: 50.98 %
- male: 49.02 %
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Lantus solostar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 4.55 %
- 40-49: 11.36 %
- 50-59: 36.36 %
- 60+: 47.73 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 3 people, 5.88%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 5.88%
- Abdominal Pain: 2 people, 3.92%
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 3.92%
- Rashes (redness): 2 people, 3.92%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Novolog: 8 people, 15.69%
- Lipitor: 6 people, 11.76%
- Metformin: 5 people, 9.80%
- Aspirin: 4 people, 7.84%
- Novorapid: 4 people, 7.84%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Blood Glucose Increased: 10 people, 19.61%
- Loss Of Consciousness: 6 people, 11.76%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 6 people, 11.76%
- Blindness Unilateral: 5 people, 9.80%
- Weight Decreased: 5 people, 9.80%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pancreatitis while taking Lantus solostar?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Pancreatitis
- Subscribe to monitor Pancreatitis in Lantus solostar
You are not alone:
Lantus solostar has active ingredients of insulin glargine recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Lantus solostar 19,202 users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 42,740 Pancreatitis patients).
Drugs that are associated with PancreatitisPancreatitis (2,276 drugs)
Could your condition cause PancreatitisPancreatitis (1,787 conditions)
Lantus solostar side effects
- Lantus solostar side effects (19,063 reports)
Browse all side effects of Lantus solostara b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Ketoacidosis with Pancuronium Bromide? - now
- Will you have Oestrogen Replacement Therapy with Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Lymphoma with Lexapro? - 2 seconds ago
- Marcaine and Sadgrantha drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Viral Pharyngitis with Hiv Infection? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Xarelto, Lisinopril, Vitamin D - an hour ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Cymbalta, Trazodone Hydrochloride - an hour ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Cymbalta, Plaquenil, Trazodone Hydrochloride - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Cafe, Alcohol, Modafinil, Fluoxetine for a 55 year old man - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes B-12 - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.