Lipitor and Glaucoma - from FDA reports
Glaucoma is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Glaucoma with Lipitor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 185,636 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
185,636 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 618 people (0.33%) have Glaucoma
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Glaucoma *:
- < 1 month: 6.52 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.39 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.7 %
- 1 - 2 years: 21.74 %
- 2 - 5 years: 19.57 %
- 5 - 10 years: 17.39 %
- 10+ years: 8.7 %
Gender of people who have Glaucoma when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 69.65 %
- male: 30.35 %
Age of people who have Glaucoma when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.44 %
- 20-29: 0.66 %
- 30-39: 2.64 %
- 40-49: 8.13 %
- 50-59: 22.86 %
- 60+: 65.27 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (57 people, 9.22%)
- Diabetes (32 people, 5.18%)
- Osteopenia (29 people, 4.69%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (29 people, 4.69%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (28 people, 4.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (106 people, 17.15%)
- Zometa (85 people, 13.75%)
- Xalatan (76 people, 12.30%)
- Nexium (66 people, 10.68%)
- Coumadin (66 people, 10.68%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cataract (129 people, 20.87%)
- Pain (111 people, 17.96%)
- Joint Pain (90 people, 14.56%)
- Stress And Anxiety (80 people, 12.94%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (80 people, 12.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Glaucoma when taking Lipitor?
- Check symptoms - is glaucoma caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGlaucoma and drugs with ingredients of atorvastatin calcium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGlaucoma and Lipitor from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 192,117 users)
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 32,176 Glaucoma patients).
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GlaucomaGlaucoma
Could your condition cause GlaucomaGlaucoma
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am a 75 year old female, have glaucoma for 20 years , or let's say treated for that period of time. Have been on Latanoprost up to about 2 years ago. .then my Dr. referred me to a specialist as one eye had pressure of 26 and a small catatact. New Dr. put me on dorzolamide-timolol. brought ...
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
User reviews to the study
I was diagnosed with Closed angle Glaucoma, two years ago. It was a complete shock to me, as I had regular visits to my optician, my eye pressure was always ok. But I was seeing rainbows around lights and my eyes were always extremely fatigued at night, or when I was socialising having to focus ...
Fibromuscular Dysplasia of right kidney artery discovered accidentally by a cat scan with dye in it when integrative dr was looking for a renin producing tumour after my BP kept going high. No tumour found, but FMD was discovered. I have been on 80mg of Lipitor for 10yrs due to high cholesterol. ...