Lipitor and Stroke - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 246,523 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor. Stroke is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take Plavix and have Diabetes.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lipitor and have Stroke. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
246,523 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 6,797 people (2.76%) have Stroke.
What is Lipitor?
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is used in high blood cholesterol. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 254,307 Lipitor users.
What is Stroke?
Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) is found to be associated with 3,412 drugs and 2,976 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 325,990 people who have Stroke.
Number of Lipitor and Stroke reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Stroke *:
Gender of people who have Stroke when taking Lipitor*:
Age of people who have Stroke when taking Lipitor *:
Common drugs people take besides Lipitor *:
Common side effects people have besides Stroke *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lipitor and have Stroke?Check whether Stroke is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Proti? D, Balti? S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanovi? S, Mugo?a S, Todorovi? Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
- Goldie MP, "Atorvastatin: a new treatment for periodontal disease?", , 2012 Jan .
Lipitor side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Lipitor side effects (254,307 reports)
Stroke treatments and more:
- Stroke (325,990 reports)
Common drugs associated with Stroke:
- Vioxx: 24,350 reports
- Avandia: 22,492 reports
- Aspirin: 12,316 reports
- Lipitor: 6,797 reports
- Plavix: 6,193 reports
- Celebrex: 5,770 reports
- Lisinopril: 5,482 reports
- Metformin: 5,457 reports
- Xarelto: 5,225 reports
- Eliquis: 4,643 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Stroke:
- Stroke (3,412 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Stroke:
- Diabetes: 23,370 reports
- High blood pressure: 8,572 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 7,082 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 6,408 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 5,921 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Stroke:
- Stroke (2,976 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on atorvastatin calcium (the active ingredients of Lipitor) and Lipitor (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 and Prinivil drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Zoloft and Myfortic drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Dutasteride and Zolpidem drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Tazorac and Zometa drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Naprosyn and White Blood Cell Count Decreased - 30 seconds ago
- Digoxin and Pancreatitis Haemorrhagic - 31 seconds ago
- Suprep Bowel Prep Kit and Amlodipine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Hydroxyurea and Fungal Nail Infection - 2 minutes ago
- Feverfew and Humira drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Norpace and Calcium drug interaction - 2 minutes ago