Losartan and Irritability - from FDA reports
Irritability is found among people who take Losartan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Metformin, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Irritability with Losartan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 56,396 people who have side effects when taking Losartan from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 24, 2017
56,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan.
Among them, 177 people (0.31%) have Irritability
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Losartan when people have Irritability *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 60 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Irritability when taking Losartan *:
- female: 62.72 %
- male: 37.28 %
Age of people who have Irritability when taking Losartan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.79 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.79 %
- 30-39: 5.56 %
- 40-49: 5.56 %
- 50-59: 26.98 %
- 60+: 60.32 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (31 people, 17.51%)
- Depression (20 people, 11.30%)
- Diabetes (18 people, 10.17%)
- Stress And Anxiety (16 people, 9.04%)
- Fibromyalgia (16 people, 9.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin (23 people, 12.99%)
- Lyrica (20 people, 11.30%)
- Amlodipine (15 people, 8.47%)
- Cymbalta (14 people, 7.91%)
- Xanax (11 people, 6.21%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Insomnia (47 people, 26.55%)
- Fatigue (41 people, 23.16%)
- Stress And Anxiety (38 people, 21.47%)
- Headache (37 people, 20.90%)
- Dizziness (32 people, 18.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Irritability when taking Losartan?
- Check symptoms - is irritability caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsIrritability and drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeIrritability and Losartan from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan 59,770 users)
Irritability has been reported by people with depression, pain, quit smoking, hepatitis c, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 42,305 Irritability patients).
Browse all side effects of Losartana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with IrritabilityIrritability
Could your condition cause IrritabilityIrritability
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am taking losartan as maintenance drug for high blood pressure for 3 years now, can I take Cialis if I am also taking losartan? I am 55 years old and has BPH, what dosage (mg) of Cialis should I take?
I have been on Losartan for appro three years. I have had dry eyes for three years, also. The last 6 months, it has gotten worse. I am currently under the care of an opthamologist. he has me on restasis, heat treatments, ointment at night and serum tears. Nothing seems to be helping. I ...
I've had Wegeners since 2003--13 years--and have used imuran for 11. I have neuropathy, bone spurs, and arthritis in my feet that are so painful, at times I feel like I can't walk any more. My rheumatologist just brushed me off by saying he'd raise my imuran to 100 mg and if that didn't help ...