Meropenem and Candidiasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Candidiasis is found among people who take Meropenem, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Meropenem and have Candidiasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,680 people who have side effects when taking Meropenem from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
26,680 people reported to have side effects when taking Meropenem.
Among them, 37 people (0.14%) have Candidiasis.
What is Meropenem?
Meropenem has active ingredients of meropenem. eHealthMe is studying from 26,723 Meropenem users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Candidiasis?
Candidiasis (candidiasis or thrush is a fungal infection) is found to be associated with 1,530 drugs and 1,064 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Meropenem and Candidiasis reports submitted per year:
Time on Meropenem when people have Candidiasis *:
- < 1 month: 83.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Candidiasis when taking Meropenem *:
- female: 58.33 %
- male: 41.67 %
Age of people who have Candidiasis when taking Meropenem *:
- 0-1: 10.34 %
- 2-9: 10.34 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 17.24 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 10.34 %
- 50-59: 20.69 %
- 60+: 31.03 %
Common drugs people take besides Meropenem *:
- Fluconazole: 12 people, 32.43%
- Amphotericin B: 9 people, 24.32%
- Vancomycin: 9 people, 24.32%
- Tacrolimus: 8 people, 21.62%
- Mycophenolate Mofetil: 6 people, 16.22%
- Neupogen: 6 people, 16.22%
- Levofloxacin: 6 people, 16.22%
- Methotrexate: 5 people, 13.51%
- Itraconazole: 5 people, 13.51%
- Voriconazole: 4 people, 10.81%
Common side effects people have besides Candidiasis *:
- Fever: 8 people, 21.62%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 7 people, 18.92%
- Hepatic Failure (liver failure): 6 people, 16.22%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 6 people, 16.22%
- Cytomegalovirus Infection: 5 people, 13.51%
- Pneumonia: 5 people, 13.51%
- Diarrhea: 5 people, 13.51%
- Mucosal Inflammation (infection of mucous membrane): 5 people, 13.51%
- Pseudomonas Infection (pseudomonas infection is caused by a bacterium, pseudomonas aeruginosa): 5 people, 13.51%
- Multi-Organ Failure (multisystem organ failure): 4 people, 10.81%
Common conditions people have *:
- Immunodeficiency Disorders: 6 people, 16.22%
- Fever: 4 people, 10.81%
- Mucosal Inflammation (infection of mucous membrane): 3 people, 8.11%
- Aplastic Anemia: 3 people, 8.11%
- Escherichia Bacteraemia (presence of bacteria escherichia coli in the blood): 3 people, 8.11%
- Plasmacytoma (neoplasm of plasma cells (usually in bone marrow)): 3 people, 8.11%
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 2 people, 5.41%
- Bone Marrow Conditioning Regimen: 2 people, 5.41%
- Febrile Neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells): 2 people, 5.41%
- Sedation: 2 people, 5.41%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Meropenem and have Candidiasis?Check whether Candidiasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Erden M, Gulcan E, Bilen A, Bilen Y, Uyanik A, Keles M, "Pancytopen? a and Seps? s due to Meropenem: A Case Report", Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2013 Jan .
How severe was Candidiasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of meropenem:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Meropenem:
- Meropenem (26,723 reports)
Common Meropenem side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 2,478 reports
- Fever: 2,431 reports
- Pneumonia: 1,871 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 1,704 reports
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 1,573 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,245 reports
- Septic shock (shock due to blood infection): 1,213 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 1,098 reports
- Respiratory acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 1,072 reports
Browse all side effects of Meropenem:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Candidiasis treatments and more:
- Candidiasis (8,492 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Candidiasis:
- Candidiasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Candidiasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Candidiasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Candidiasis:
- Prednisone: 719 reports
- Advair diskus 100/50: 717 reports
- Fosamax: 487 reports
- Aspirin: 407 reports
- Methotrexate: 393 reports
- Lasix: 353 reports
- Coumadin: 353 reports
- Zometa: 350 reports
- Nexium: 345 reports
- Albuterol: 339 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Candidiasis:
- Candidiasis (1,530 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Candidiasis:
- Asthma: 467 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 405 reports
- Osteoporosis: 365 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 342 reports
- High blood pressure: 223 reports
- Depression: 220 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 200 reports
- Pain: 196 reports
- Crohn's disease: 186 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Candidiasis:
- Candidiasis (1,064 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on meropenem (the active ingredients of Meropenem) and Meropenem (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Amoxicillin and Chills - 4 seconds ago
- Tylenol and Meniere'S Disease Aggravated - 8 seconds ago
- Pyridium and Monistat drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Amoxicillin and Abdominal Discomfort - 19 seconds ago
- Darunavir and Generalized Anxiety Disorder - 21 seconds ago
- Zithromax and Clomid drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Amoxicillin and Disturbance In Attention - 35 seconds ago
- Levora 0.15/30-21 and Drug Ineffective - 41 seconds ago
- Amoxicillin and Rash Maculo-Papular - 46 seconds ago
- Application Site Warmth and drugs of ingredients of hydrocortisone - 54 seconds ago