Metformin and Itching - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Itching is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Metformin and have Itching. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 395,495 people who have side effects when taking Metformin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
395,495 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 7,611 people (1.92%) have Itching.
What is Metformin?
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 406,473 Metformin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Itching?
Itching is found to be associated with 4,549 drugs and 4,401 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Metformin and Itching reports submitted per year:
Time on Metformin when people have Itching *:
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Metformin*:
Age of people who have Itching when taking Metformin *:
Common drugs people take besides Metformin *:
Common side effects people have besides Itching *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Metformin and have Itching?Check whether Itching is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- T.Audi Yanto, I.Huang, F.Nathania Kosasih, NP Hardjo Lugito, "Nightmare and Abnormal Dreams: Rare Side Effects of Metformin?", Case Reports in Endocrinology, 2018 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Itching and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metformin hydrochloride:
- Itching and drugs with ingredients of metformin hydrochloride (8,527 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Metformin:
- Metformin (406,473 reports)
Common Metformin side effects:
- Diarrhea: 25,489 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 22,049 reports
- Drug ineffective: 20,041 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 17,857 reports
- Weight decreased: 17,682 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 16,617 reports
Browse all side effects of Metformin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Itching treatments and more:
- Itching (330,863 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Itching:
- Itching in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Itching in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Itching in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Itching:
- Prednisone: 14,612 reports
- Aspirin: 12,993 reports
- Humira: 12,525 reports
- Methotrexate: 11,908 reports
- Enbrel: 11,906 reports
- Adapalene: 11,653 reports
- Dupixent: 11,478 reports
- Metformin: 7,611 reports
- Cosentyx: 7,536 reports
- Omeprazole: 7,534 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Itching:
- Itching (4,549 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Itching:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 16,788 reports
- Psoriasis: 12,849 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 12,545 reports
- High blood pressure: 11,848 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 9,972 reports
- Acne: 7,656 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Itching:
- Itching (4,401 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metformin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Metformin) and Metformin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Opdivo and Hip Fracture - a second ago
- Soriatane and Herpes Simplex Aggravated - 2 seconds ago
- Acyclovir and Electrolyte Depletion - 6 seconds ago
- Desoximetasone and Bone Marrow Oedema - 6 seconds ago
- Terbinafine Hydrochloride and Risperdal drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Milk Of Magnesia and Thrombocytopenia - 14 seconds ago
- Methocarbamol and Zantac drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Phenazopyridine Hcl Tab and Rashes - 18 seconds ago
- Adenosine and Fluid Retention - 20 seconds ago
- Clindamycin Hydrochloride and Blood Urea Increased - 26 seconds ago