Methotrexate and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Enbrel, and have Psoriatic arthropathy. This review analyzes which people have Fatigue with Methotrexate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 231,270 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from FDA, and is updated regularly.
231,270 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 9,957 people (4.31%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 18.23 %
- 1 - 6 months: 19.77 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.94 %
- 1 - 2 years: 13.82 %
- 2 - 5 years: 17.47 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.48 %
- 10+ years: 7.29 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Methotrexate *:
- female: 78.7 %
- male: 21.3 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Methotrexate *:
- 0-1: 0.18 %
- 2-9: 1.3 %
- 10-19: 2.82 %
- 20-29: 2.91 %
- 30-39: 7.36 %
- 40-49: 16.28 %
- 50-59: 28.26 %
- 60+: 40.88 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 820 people, 8.24%
- Pain: 626 people, 6.29%
- High Blood Pressure: 514 people, 5.16%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 431 people, 4.33%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 333 people, 3.34%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Enbrel: 3,254 people, 32.68%
- Humira: 2,660 people, 26.71%
- Folic Acid: 1,836 people, 18.44%
- Prednisone: 1,079 people, 10.84%
- Plaquenil: 985 people, 9.89%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 1,929 people, 19.37%
- Joint Pain: 1,904 people, 19.12%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,815 people, 18.23%
- Headache (pain in head): 1,549 people, 15.56%
- Weakness: 1,516 people, 15.23%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Fatigue in Methotrexate
- Subscribe to monitor Methotrexate
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Fatigue
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 234,889 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 406,378 Fatigue patients).
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue (3,812 drugs)
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue (5,439 conditions)
Methotrexate side effects
- Methotrexate side effects (231,412 reports)
Browse all side effects of Methotrexatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Fatigue
- Support group for people who have Fatigue
- Support group for people who take Methotrexate
You may be interested in these posts
- I've been diagnosed over a year now...always healthy before that...it is a challenge working full time in my field of counselling with dry mouth and fatique from time to time.
- I'm suffering from psoriatic Arthritis and have athletes foot. On MTX for more than 5 Years now.
- Hi I'm 41 female and have hypersensitivity pneuminitus which is lung disease I take methetrexate as a way of trying to keep down inflammation I'll find out if it's working in 4 months ,I was on steroids but had cussons disease and weight gain but it didn't help my lungs are getting worse every...
- Hi, my husband has chrones, has been on Remicade, Humira, Cimzia, and now on Entyvio for 11/2 yrs. His chrones seems really good, but the chronic fatigue is killing him. Been really tired exhausted for weeks upon weeks after infusion. Seems to ease up right before next one, and on we...
- Hi I'm Lynn, I'm 46 years old and have secondary breast cancer. Tried lots of treatments beforehand which havnt worked as my tumours are still growing. Mine have spread to my lungs and liver. Some of the other chemo treatments were brutal FEC in particular but with this drug I'm experiencing...
- Will you have Ulcer with Magnesium?
- Will you have Electrolyte Imbalance with Humulin R Pen?
- Zocor and Centrum Silver drug interaction
- Will you have Heart Palpitations with Omeprazole?
- Will you have Ear Blockage with Motrin?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Magnesium and have Ulcer?
- Support group for people who take Humulin R Pen and have Electrolyte Imbalance?
- Support group for people who take Zocor and Centrum Silver
- Support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Heart Palpitations?
- Support group for people who take Motrin and have Ear Blockage?
- Hi Have been taking Olmetec Plus for about one year and take Tylenol extra strength for headache...
- Hi, 2 months ago I had a suspicion of having malaria so I took 2 days of emergency Malarone...
- Hi, I'm Rich McDermott from Levittown NY. Just started taking Flomax a week ago after prostate...
- First time taking the Depo shot in the beginning of June, now dealing with headaches and joints. I...
- Debbie had a heart attack march 29 of this year had 1 stint put in and 2 more to go they put on...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.