Methotrexate and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Enbrel, and have Psoriatic arthropathy. This review analyzes which people have Fatigue with Methotrexate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 231,270 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
231,270 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 9,957 people (4.31%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 17.74 %
- 1 - 6 months: 19.62 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.13 %
- 1 - 2 years: 13.96 %
- 2 - 5 years: 17.74 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.83 %
- 10+ years: 6.98 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Methotrexate *:
- female: 78.7 %
- male: 21.3 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Methotrexate *:
- 0-1: 0.18 %
- 2-9: 1.3 %
- 10-19: 2.8200000000000003 %
- 20-29: 2.91 %
- 30-39: 7.36 %
- 40-49: 16.28 %
- 50-59: 28.26 %
- 60+: 40.88 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 820 people, 8.24%
- Pain: 626 people, 6.29%
- High Blood Pressure: 514 people, 5.16%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 431 people, 4.33%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 333 people, 3.34%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Enbrel: 3,254 people, 32.68%
- Humira: 2,660 people, 26.71%
- Folic Acid: 1,836 people, 18.44%
- Prednisone: 1,079 people, 10.84%
- Plaquenil: 985 people, 9.89%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 1,929 people, 19.37%
- Joint Pain: 1,904 people, 19.12%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,815 people, 18.23%
- Headache (pain in head): 1,549 people, 15.56%
- Weakness: 1,516 people, 15.23%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Methotrexate and have Fatigue?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Fatigue
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Arthritis panel ($197.00) Add to cart
- Calcium, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Lipid profile ($41.00) Add to cart
- Parathyroid hormone (pth), intact ($65.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 234,889 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 406,378 Fatigue patients).
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue (4,338 drugs)
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue (5,397 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFatigue and drugs with ingredients of methotrexate sodium. (10,060 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFatigue and Methotrexate from FDA and eHealthMe reports (10,095 reports)
Methotrexate side effects
- Methotrexate side effects (231,412 reports)
Browse all side effects of Methotrexatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Fatigue
- Support group for people who have Fatigue
- Support group for people who take Methotrexate
Can you answer these questions
- Any body else experiencing weakness and extreme fatigue? How long will it take to get my energy back?
- Diagnosed with Rhumatoid/Ostio Arthritis from Lyme Disease. My doctor switched me from Methotrexate pills to once weekly injection. Now I have difficulty walking very wobbly gait. Anyone else have these issues!
- So fatigued-feel like this disease has taken away all interests and stolen who I am-anyone else experiencing that? Any suggestions for how you bring pleasure back in your life? Thanks, L
- I've been taking vivitrol for 2 months now and I have extreme fatigue. I can sleep for 16 hours a day. I cant get motivated to do anything. Does this go away?
- Is there any way to resolve Flecainide-caused fatigue without discontinuing the drug?
You may be interested in these posts
- I take both and it is sickness. I need some help to keep me going. Thank you
- For the last couple months I have been desperate to find an answer to my issue. Around the time of my menstrual cycle I will sleep for days on end and it's difficult to wake me up. It is affecting my family and marriage. Please help
- Second day on levofloxacin. I immediately experienced extreme fatigue...even more than usual. Also weakness in my legs. My comorbidities are Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia with doubling lymphocyte counts but no treatment yet. Also cardiac issues... pacemaker and ablation a year ago. Both...
- Have been sick for 4 weeks. When will this end?
- Hi all. I have been on this education for the last 8 months and have diaherea each time I take my shot. With that i have developed colitis and I have been. Suffering big time.tell me your story. My Dr does not believe i get the runs from the medication. I am getting to the point of punching...
- Adderall Xr 30 and Unipen In Plastic Container drug interaction
- Plenaxis and Aspirin drug interaction
- Will you have Surgery with Soma Compound?
- Will you have Penile Discharge with Levitra?
- Will you have Diarrhoea with Silodosin?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Adderall Xr 30 and Unipen In Plastic Container
- Support group for people who take Plenaxis and Aspirin
- Support group for people who take Soma Compound and have Surgery?
- Support group for people who take Levitra and have Penile Discharge?
- Support group for people who take Silodosin and have Diarrhoea?
- What to expect when you take Adderall Xr 30 and Unipen In Plastic Container
- What to expect when you take Plenaxis and Aspirin
- What to expect when you take Soma Compound and have Surgery?
- What to expect when you take Levitra and have Penile Discharge?
- What to expect when you take Silodosin and have Diarrhoea?
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Clonidine
- Drug comparison of Aspirin, Persantine for a 25 year old woman
- A study for a 47 year old man who takes Crestor
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Zolpidem, Concerta
- A study for a 66 year old man who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Movantik, Zetia, Cymbalta, Nexium, Lyrica, Tramadol, Crestor, Altace, Nucynta Er
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.