Methotrexate and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Enbrel, and have Psoriatic arthropathy. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 289,603 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
289,603 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 13,033 people (4.5%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 15.42 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.55 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.65 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Methotrexate *:
- female: 79.64 %
- male: 20.36 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Methotrexate *:
- 0-1: 0.15 %
- 2-9: 1.18 %
- 10-19: 2.6 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 1,000 people, 7.67%
- Pain: 755 people, 5.79%
- High Blood Pressure: 599 people, 4.60%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 561 people, 4.30%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 384 people, 2.95%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Enbrel: 4,476 people, 34.34%
- Humira: 3,673 people, 28.18%
- Folic Acid: 1,836 people, 14.09%
- Plaquenil: 1,468 people, 11.26%
- Actemra: 1,360 people, 10.44%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 2,809 people, 21.55%
- Joint Pain: 2,640 people, 20.26%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2,369 people, 18.18%
- Drug Ineffective: 2,238 people, 17.17%
- Headache (pain in head): 1,980 people, 15.19%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Fatigue while taking Methotrexate?
You are not alone:
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 293,222 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, depression (latest reports from 491,634 Fatigue patients).
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue (4,374 drugs)
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue (5,459 conditions)
Methotrexate side effects
- Methotrexate side effects (289,745 reports)
Browse all side effects of Methotrexatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Hair Loss In Women with Exelon? - 2 seconds ago
- Letrozole and Madecassol drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Enlarged Heart with Lantus? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Polycythaemia Vera with Invokana? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Cardiomegaly with Lantus? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 81 year old woman who takes Ambien, Medrol, Norco, Dyrenium - 8 minutes ago
- Drug comparison of Lamictal, Pristiq for a 59 year old woman - 13 minutes ago
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Mary Jane - an hour ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Vyvanse - an hour ago
- A study for a 39 year old man who takes Testosterone - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.