Methotrexate and Gastric ulcer - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastric ulcer is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methotrexate and have Gastric ulcer. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 517,446 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
517,446 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 3,125 people (0.6%) have Gastric ulcer.
What is Methotrexate?
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 571,355 Methotrexate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gastric ulcer?
Gastric ulcer (stomach ulcer) is found to be associated with 3,400 drugs and 3,231 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Methotrexate and Gastric ulcer reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Gastric ulcer *:
Gender of people who have Gastric ulcer when taking Methotrexate*:
Age of people who have Gastric ulcer when taking Methotrexate *:
Common drugs people take besides Methotrexate *:
Common side effects people have besides Gastric ulcer *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methotrexate and have Gastric ulcer?Check whether Gastric ulcer is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
How severe was Gastric ulcer and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methotrexate sodium:
- Gastric ulcer and drugs with ingredients of methotrexate sodium (3,130 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methotrexate:
- Methotrexate (571,355 reports)
Common Methotrexate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 104,668 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 52,705 reports
- Joint pain: 45,719 reports
- Pain: 44,785 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 42,271 reports
- Rashes (redness): 30,738 reports
- Joint swelling: 29,058 reports
Browse all side effects of Methotrexate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gastric ulcer treatments and more:
- Gastric ulcer (110,363 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gastric ulcer:
- Gastric ulcer in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gastric ulcer in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gastric ulcer in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gastric ulcer:
- Aspirin: 4,038 reports
- Prednisone: 3,642 reports
- Vioxx: 3,298 reports
- Methotrexate: 3,125 reports
- Humira: 2,918 reports
- Ibu: 2,662 reports
- Ibuprofen: 2,658 reports
- Profen: 2,648 reports
- Fosamax: 2,271 reports
- Enbrel: 2,060 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Gastric ulcer:
- Gastric ulcer (3,400 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastric ulcer:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,217 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,662 reports
- Pain: 2,601 reports
- Osteoporosis: 2,038 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 1,396 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Gastric ulcer:
- Gastric ulcer (3,231 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methotrexate sodium (the active ingredients of Methotrexate) and Methotrexate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Doxycycline Hyclate and Coughing Up Blood - 10 seconds ago
- Doxil and Embolism - 16 seconds ago
- Zantac 150 and Prilosec drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Nembutal and Hypotension - 22 seconds ago
- Heparin and Low Turnover Osteopathy - 23 seconds ago
- Augmentin and Mucous Membrane Disorder - 23 seconds ago
- Campath and Osteopenia - 24 seconds ago
- Theophyl and Arrhythmias - 35 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Colistimethate drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Armour Thyroid and Rheumatoid Arthritis - 37 seconds ago