Methylphenidate and Chronic kidney disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Chronic kidney disease is found among people who take Methylphenidate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methylphenidate and have Chronic kidney disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,778 people who have side effects when taking Methylphenidate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
6,778 people reported to have side effects when taking Methylphenidate.
Among them, 69 people (1.02%) have Chronic kidney disease.
What is Methylphenidate?
Methylphenidate has active ingredients of methylphenidate. eHealthMe is studying from 5,135 Methylphenidate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Chronic kidney disease?
Chronic kidney disease is found to be associated with 2,627 drugs and 1,252 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Methylphenidate and Chronic kidney disease reports submitted per year:
Time on Methylphenidate when people have Chronic kidney disease *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 40 %
- 1 - 2 years: 40 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Chronic kidney disease when taking Methylphenidate *:
- female: 70.31 %
- male: 29.69 %
Age of people who have Chronic kidney disease when taking Methylphenidate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.13 %
- 40-49: 31.91 %
- 50-59: 31.91 %
- 60+: 34.04 %
Common drugs people take besides Methylphenidate *:
- Nexium: 44 people, 63.77%
- Prilosec: 35 people, 50.72%
- Prevacid: 30 people, 43.48%
- Prilosec Otc: 24 people, 34.78%
- Protonix: 23 people, 33.33%
- Amlodipine: 22 people, 31.88%
- Nexium 24hr: 21 people, 30.43%
- Dexilant: 18 people, 26.09%
- Prevacid 24 Hr: 18 people, 26.09%
- Pantoprazole: 18 people, 26.09%
Common side effects people have besides Chronic kidney disease *:
- Acute Kidney Failure: 25 people, 36.23%
- Stress And Anxiety: 18 people, 26.09%
- Renal Injury (kidney injury): 15 people, 21.74%
- Interstitial Nephritis (inflammation of the kidney): 14 people, 20.29%
- Depression: 10 people, 14.49%
- Nephrogenic Anaemia (anaemia due to kidney disease): 10 people, 14.49%
- Emotional Distress: 9 people, 13.04%
- Anhedonia (inability to experience pleasure from activities usually found enjoyable): 9 people, 13.04%
- Pain: 9 people, 13.04%
- Hyperparathyroidism Secondary (an abnormally high concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, resulting in weakening of the bones through loss of calcium-secondary): 7 people, 10.14%
Common conditions people have *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 40 people, 57.97%
- Pain: 19 people, 27.54%
- Depression: 17 people, 24.64%
- High Blood Pressure: 17 people, 24.64%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 12 people, 17.39%
- Stress And Anxiety: 11 people, 15.94%
- Infection: 10 people, 14.49%
- Hiv Infection: 9 people, 13.04%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 8 people, 11.59%
- Hypersensitivity: 7 people, 10.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methylphenidate and have Chronic kidney disease?Check whether Chronic kidney disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Aalaei-Andabili, S. H., Umer, M., & Keeley, E. C., "An Adult Woman With Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease and a Diffuse Rash", JAMA cardiology, 2019 Jan .
How severe was Chronic kidney disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methylphenidate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methylphenidate:
- Methylphenidate (5,135 reports)
Common Methylphenidate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 470 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 417 reports
- Depression: 341 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 328 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 244 reports
- High blood pressure: 224 reports
- Drowsiness: 213 reports
- Suicidal ideation: 189 reports
Browse all side effects of Methylphenidate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Chronic kidney disease treatments and more:
- Chronic kidney disease (140,787 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Chronic kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Chronic kidney disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Chronic kidney disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Nexium: 60,817 reports
- Prevacid: 54,179 reports
- Prilosec: 51,820 reports
- Protonix: 41,674 reports
- Nexium 24hr: 32,372 reports
- Prilosec otc: 28,446 reports
- Dexilant: 26,802 reports
- Prevacid 24 hr: 25,131 reports
- Omeprazole: 19,690 reports
- Truvada: 15,734 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease (2,627 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 33,556 reports
- Hiv infection: 19,390 reports
- High blood pressure: 12,739 reports
- Pain: 12,003 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 9,323 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease (1,252 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methylphenidate (the active ingredients of Methylphenidate) and Methylphenidate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lupkynis and Triamcinolone Acetonide drug interaction - now
- Tecfidera vs. Rituxan - 8 seconds ago
- Ritalin and Irbesartan drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Temozolomide and Glioblastoma Multiforme - 25 seconds ago
- Terbinafine Hydrochloride and Visual Impairment - 27 seconds ago
- Methylphenidate and Chronic Kidney Disease - 34 seconds ago
- Tamoxifen Citrate and Mood Swings - 37 seconds ago
- Novolin N and Impaired Gastric Emptying - 40 seconds ago
- Sucralfate and Eyelids Pruritus - 41 seconds ago
- Nph Purified Pork Isophane Insulin and Fatigue Aggravated - 57 seconds ago