Mycophenolate mofetil and Folate deficiency - from FDA reports
Folate deficiency is reported only by a few people who take Mycophenolate Mofetil. We study 24,994 people who have side effects while taking Mycophenolate mofetil from FDA. Among them, 3 have Folate deficiency. Find out below who they are, when they have Folate deficiency and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
24,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Mycophenolate mofetil.
Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Folate deficiency
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Folate deficiency when taking Mycophenolate mofetil *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Folate deficiency when taking Mycophenolate mofetil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hyperparathyroidism Secondary (an abnormally high concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, resulting in weakening of the bones through loss of calcium-secondary): 2 people, 66.67%
- Dialysis: 2 people, 66.67%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tacrolimus: 3 people, 100.00%
- Simvastatin: 2 people, 66.67%
- Pantoprazole Sodium: 2 people, 66.67%
- Fluconazole: 2 people, 66.67%
- Flonase: 2 people, 66.67%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Urinary Tract Infection: 2 people, 66.67%
- Therapeutic Response Decreased (less preventive response): 2 people, 66.67%
- Kidney Transplant Rejection: 2 people, 66.67%
- Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis): 2 people, 66.67%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 66.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Mycophenolate mofetil and have Folate deficiency?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Folate deficiency
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Mycophenolate mofetil has active ingredients of mycophenolate mofetil. It is often used in kidney transplant. (latest outcomes from Mycophenolate mofetil 25,160 users)
Folate deficiency (lack of folic acid) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, pain, depression, hiv infection (latest reports from 1,668 Folate deficiency patients).
Drugs that are associated with Folate deficiencyFolate deficiency (510 drugs)
Could your condition cause Folate deficiencyFolate deficiency (319 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFolate deficiency and drugs with ingredients of mycophenolate mofetil. (9 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFolate deficiency and Mycophenolate mofetil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mycophenolate mofetil side effects
- Mycophenolate mofetil side effects (25,002 reports)
Browse all side effects of Mycophenolate mofetila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Mycophenolate Mofetil and have Folate Deficiency
- Support group for people who have Folate Deficiency
- Support group for people who take Mycophenolate Mofetil
You may be interested in these posts
- I am a transplant patient and I've gained 40 pounds since my transplant. I'm miserable and would love some help in getting rid of some of this if it's possible.
- My mom has been on Zeljanz for 2 years. She is having bad depression. Do you find that Zeljanz depletes folic acid?
- Is tinnitus a common side effect of mycophenolate? My right ear has been ringing for four months and seems to be getting worse. I've been on mycophenolate for 10 months for an autoimmune disease.
- Should I immediately stop taking MMF because of water retention
- I am new to this treatment and I want to keep my weight. Please help me!!!!
- Will you have Intervertebral Disc Degeneration with Gerd?
- Will you have Degenerative Disc Disease with Gerd?
- Will you have Ddd with Gerd?
- Will you have Initial Insomnia with Prilosec Otc?
- Will you have Myocardiac Abscess with Lactulose?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Gerd and Intervertebral Disc Degeneration?
- Support group for people who have Gerd and Degenerative Disc Disease?
- Support group for people who have Gerd and Ddd?
- Support group for people who take Prilosec Otc and have Initial Insomnia?
- Support group for people who take Lactulose and have Myocardiac Abscess?
- What to expect when you have Gerd and Intervertebral Disc Degeneration?
- What to expect when you have Gerd and Degenerative Disc Disease?
- What to expect when you have Gerd and Ddd?
- What to expect when you take Prilosec Otc and have Initial Insomnia?
- What to expect when you take Lactulose and have Myocardiac Abscess?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.