Nitroglycerin and Stroke - from FDA reports
Stroke is found among people who take Nitroglycerin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Plavix, and have Coronary artery bypass. This review analyzes which people have Stroke with Nitroglycerin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,931 people who have side effects when taking Nitroglycerin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 24, 2017
30,931 people reported to have side effects when taking Nitroglycerin.
Among them, 1,091 people (3.53%) have Stroke
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Nitroglycerin when people have Stroke *:
- < 1 month: 90.28 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 6.94 %
- 10+ years: 2.78 %
Gender of people who have Stroke when taking Nitroglycerin *:
- female: 50.43 %
- male: 49.57 %
Age of people who have Stroke when taking Nitroglycerin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.73 %
- 30-39: 1.46 %
- 40-49: 8.26 %
- 50-59: 22.7 %
- 60+: 66.84 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (183 people, 16.77%)
- Diabetes (144 people, 13.20%)
- High Blood Pressure (108 people, 9.90%)
- Pain (93 people, 8.52%)
- Multiple Myeloma (66 people, 6.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Plavix (348 people, 31.90%)
- Lasix (298 people, 27.31%)
- Aspirin (243 people, 22.27%)
- Heparin (220 people, 20.16%)
- Trasylol (214 people, 19.62%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (392 people, 35.93%)
- Stress And Anxiety (340 people, 31.16%)
- Injury (256 people, 23.46%)
- Heart Attack (244 people, 22.36%)
- Acute Kidney Failure (228 people, 20.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Stroke when taking Nitroglycerin?
- Check symptoms - is stroke caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsStroke and drugs with ingredients of nitroglycerin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeStroke and Nitroglycerin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Nitroglycerin has active ingredients of nitroglycerin. It is often used in chest pain. (latest outcomes from Nitroglycerin 31,153 users)
Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) has been reported by people with diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 192,622 Stroke patients).
Browse all side effects of Nitroglycerina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with StrokeStroke
Could your condition cause StrokeStroke
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My nephew got stroke in both side of his head , which affected his right side and speach and swalowong , after checking his hart we found big clot in his ventricle . As far as we know that he used to take xanax and maybe in big doses , and hash once every week or 2 weeks , Can this med and ...