Novolin r and Multi-organ failure - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 4,390 people who have side effects when taking Novolin r. Multi-organ failure is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Trasylol and have Multiple myeloma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Novolin r and have Multi-organ failure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,390 people reported to have side effects when taking Novolin r.
Among them, 36 people (0.82%) have Multi-organ failure.
What is Novolin r?
Novolin r has active ingredients of insulin recombinant purified human. It is used in type 1 diabetes. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 4,429 Novolin r users.
What is Multi-organ failure?
Multi-organ failure (multisystem organ failure) is found to be associated with 2,160 drugs and 2,252 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 32,834 people who have Multi-organ failure.
Number of Novolin r and Multi-organ failure reports submitted per year:
Time on Novolin r when people have Multi-organ failure *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Multi-organ failure when taking Novolin r *:
- female: 25 %
- male: 75 %
Age of people who have Multi-organ failure when taking Novolin r *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 8.57 %
- 30-39: 2.86 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 74.29 %
Common drugs people take besides Novolin r *:
- Trasylol: 14 people, 38.89%
- Lasix: 13 people, 36.11%
- Heparin: 13 people, 36.11%
- Nitroglycerin: 11 people, 30.56%
- Plavix: 10 people, 27.78%
- Lopressor: 9 people, 25.00%
- Protamine Sulfate: 9 people, 25.00%
- Atenolol: 9 people, 25.00%
- Lisinopril: 9 people, 25.00%
- Solu-Medrol: 8 people, 22.22%
Common side effects people have besides Multi-organ failure *:
- Acute Kidney Failure: 18 people, 50.00%
- Fear: 14 people, 38.89%
- Renal Injury (kidney injury): 14 people, 38.89%
- Stress And Anxiety: 14 people, 38.89%
- Pain: 14 people, 38.89%
- Emotional Distress: 14 people, 38.89%
- Injury: 13 people, 36.11%
- Renal Impairment (severely reduced kidney function): 13 people, 36.11%
- Death: 10 people, 27.78%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 10 people, 27.78%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 7 people, 19.44%
- Pain: 4 people, 11.11%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 8.33%
- Tuberculosis (a bacterial infection by mycobacterium tuberculosis): 2 people, 5.56%
- Behcet's Syndrome (involves inflammation of the blood vessels): 2 people, 5.56%
- Constipation: 2 people, 5.56%
- Discomfort: 2 people, 5.56%
- Heart Attack: 2 people, 5.56%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 5.56%
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 2 people, 5.56%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Novolin r and have Multi-organ failure?Check whether Multi-organ failure is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Novolin r side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Novolin r side effects (4,429 reports)
Multi-organ failure treatments and more:
- Multi-organ failure (32,834 reports)
Common drugs associated with Multi-organ failure:
- Trasylol: 4,281 reports
- Heparin: 2,265 reports
- Lasix: 2,190 reports
- Prednisone: 1,714 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,516 reports
- Aspirin: 1,415 reports
- Prednisolone: 1,393 reports
- Furosemide: 1,323 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 1,159 reports
- Fentanyl: 1,011 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Multi-organ failure:
- Multi-organ failure (2,160 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Multi-organ failure:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,170 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,147 reports
- Preventive health care: 849 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 686 reports
- Pain: 598 reports
- Diabetes: 561 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Multi-organ failure:
- Multi-organ failure (2,252 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on insulin recombinant purified human (the active ingredients of Novolin r) and Novolin r (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Veramyst and Oxycodone drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Omeprazole and Prostep drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Ritonavir and Drug Withdrawal Syndrome - 37 seconds ago
- Novolog and Etravirine drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Povidone Iodine and Cernevit-12 drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Leucovorin Calcium and Procan drug interaction - 50 seconds ago
- Calcium Carbonate and Endometrin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Cymbalta and Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - a minute ago
- Rocephin and Emotional Disorder - a minute ago
- Arava and Toviaz drug interaction - a minute ago