Prednisone and Pancreatitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pancreatitis is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prednisone and have Pancreatitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 523,651 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
523,651 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 2,450 people (0.47%) have Pancreatitis.
What is Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 531,402 Prednisone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) is found to be associated with 2,795 drugs and 1,969 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prednisone and Pancreatitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Pancreatitis *:
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Prednisone*:
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Prednisone *:
Common drugs people take besides Prednisone *:
Common side effects people have besides Pancreatitis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prednisone and have Pancreatitis?Check whether Pancreatitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Sirkeci, ?., Sirkeci, E. E., & Ta?el, B. , "Rivaroxaban-induced acute pancreatitis", The European Research Journal, 2018 Jan .
- Liao, K. F., Huang, P. T., Lin, C. C., Lin, C. L., & Lai, S. W., "Fluvastatin use and risk of acute pancreatitis: a population-based case-control study in Taiwan", Biomedicine, 2014 Jan .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
How severe was Pancreatitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of prednisone:
- Pancreatitis and drugs with ingredients of prednisone (2,249 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prednisone:
- Prednisone (531,402 reports)
Common Prednisone side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 66,683 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 46,071 reports
- Pain: 44,380 reports
- Joint pain: 38,003 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 37,988 reports
- Rashes (redness): 31,608 reports
- Diarrhea: 31,577 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 29,377 reports
Browse all side effects of Prednisone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pancreatitis treatments and more:
- Pancreatitis (56,682 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pancreatitis:
- Pancreatitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pancreatitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pancreatitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Pancreatitis:
- Seroquel: 4,892 reports
- Metformin: 4,060 reports
- Byetta: 3,275 reports
- Januvia: 2,572 reports
- Zyprexa: 2,458 reports
- Prednisone: 2,450 reports
- Victoza: 2,301 reports
- Aspirin: 2,217 reports
- Lisinopril: 2,105 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,964 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pancreatitis:
- Pancreatitis (2,795 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pancreatitis:
- Type 2 diabetes: 5,528 reports
- Diabetes: 3,048 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,706 reports
- Depression: 2,134 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,792 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pancreatitis:
- Pancreatitis (1,969 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prednisone (the active ingredients of Prednisone) and Prednisone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Avalide and Lidocaine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Vantin and Gallbladder Polyp - 9 seconds ago
- Cholestyramine and Ecthyma - 15 seconds ago
- Atripla and Xyosted drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Naltrexone Hydrochloride and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder - 16 seconds ago
- Acular and Meloxicam drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Bumetanide and Hair Growth Abnormal - 45 seconds ago
- Aspirin and Extavia drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Terconazole and Xarelto drug interaction - a minute ago
- Prednisone and Iodine Allergy - a minute ago