Prilosec and Weakness - from FDA reports
Weakness is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Weakness with Prilosec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,647 people who have side effects when taking Prilosec from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 25, 2017
83,647 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec.
Among them, 5,614 people (6.71%) have Weakness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prilosec when people have Weakness *:
- < 1 month: 29.69 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.62 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.69 %
- 2 - 5 years: 15.62 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.5 %
- 10+ years: 21.88 %
Gender of people who have Weakness when taking Prilosec *:
- female: 61.81 %
- male: 38.19 %
Age of people who have Weakness when taking Prilosec *:
- 0-1: 0.02 %
- 2-9: 0.11 %
- 10-19: 0.92 %
- 20-29: 1.77 %
- 30-39: 4.86 %
- 40-49: 12.46 %
- 50-59: 21.05 %
- 60+: 58.82 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (477 people, 8.50%)
- High Blood Pressure (358 people, 6.38%)
- Osteoporosis (354 people, 6.31%)
- Multiple Myeloma (353 people, 6.29%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (321 people, 5.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (828 people, 14.75%)
- Lipitor (721 people, 12.84%)
- Aspirin (686 people, 12.22%)
- Synthroid (640 people, 11.40%)
- Prednisone (640 people, 11.40%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (1,908 people, 33.99%)
- Nausea (1,684 people, 30.00%)
- Pain (1,266 people, 22.55%)
- Dizziness (1,126 people, 20.06%)
- Breathing Difficulty (1,089 people, 19.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Weakness when taking Prilosec?
- Check symptoms - is weakness caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWeakness and drugs with ingredients of omeprazole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWeakness and Prilosec from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Prilosec 86,734 users)
Weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 303,647 Weakness patients).
Browse all side effects of Priloseca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with WeaknessWeakness
Could your condition cause WeaknessWeakness
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello. I've been taking Crestor for 4-6 months now and for the last 2 months I've had 3 fevers. My last one lasting for 7 days. Ive been masking my symptoms with Tylenol or Advil but the doctors can't seem to find anything wrong. Anyone else been through this?
I had three Dermatofibromas that took 10 years to develop. However, within the last four months (when I started taking Prilosec daily), I'm now up to 15. I have read that when you have more than 15 DF's and they are developing within a short period of time, that qualifies as Multiple ...