Ranexa and Dementia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dementia is found among people who take Ranexa, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ranexa and have Dementia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,792 people who have side effects when taking Ranexa from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Ranexa.
Among them, 17 people (0.16%) have Dementia.
What is Ranexa?
Ranexa has active ingredients of ranolazine. It is often used in angina. eHealthMe is studying from 11,091 Ranexa users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dementia?
Dementia (madness) is found to be associated with 2,414 drugs and 1,724 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ranexa and Dementia reports submitted per year:
Time on Ranexa when people have Dementia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking Ranexa *:
- female: 41.18 %
- male: 58.82 %
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Ranexa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 9.09 %
- 50-59: 9.09 %
- 60+: 81.82 %
Common drugs people take besides Ranexa *:
- Crestor: 8 people, 47.06%
- Plavix: 6 people, 35.29%
- Lasix: 5 people, 29.41%
- Zetia: 4 people, 23.53%
- Prevacid: 4 people, 23.53%
- Lipitor: 4 people, 23.53%
- Zoloft: 3 people, 17.65%
- Aspirin: 3 people, 17.65%
- Clopidogrel: 3 people, 17.65%
- Nitroglycerin: 3 people, 17.65%
Common side effects people have besides Dementia *:
- Fall: 5 people, 29.41%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 4 people, 23.53%
- Confusional State: 4 people, 23.53%
- Pain: 4 people, 23.53%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 3 people, 17.65%
- Acute Myocardial Infarction (acute heart attack): 3 people, 17.65%
- Memory Loss: 3 people, 17.65%
- Mental Status Changes (general changes in brain function, such as confusion, amnesia (memory loss), loss of alertness, loss of orientation): 3 people, 17.65%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 3 people, 17.65%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 3 people, 17.65%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 17.65%
- Cardiac Disorder: 3 people, 17.65%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 17.65%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 11.76%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 11.76%
- Blood Magnesium Decreased: 1 person, 5.88%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1 person, 5.88%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 1 person, 5.88%
- Cough: 1 person, 5.88%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ranexa and have Dementia?Check whether Dementia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dementia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ranolazine:
- Dementia and drugs with ingredients of ranolazine (134 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ranexa:
- Ranexa (11,091 reports)
Common Ranexa side effects:
- Dizziness: 903 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 653 reports
- Weakness: 614 reports
- Chest pain: 587 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 559 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 460 reports
- Constipation: 456 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 424 reports
- Diarrhea: 407 reports
Browse all side effects of Ranexa:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dementia treatments and more:
- Dementia (38,001 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dementia:
- Dementia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dementia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dementia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dementia:
- Aspirin: 1,497 reports
- Apixaban: 845 reports
- Aricept: 756 reports
- Seroquel: 743 reports
- Revlimid: 736 reports
- Omeprazole: 716 reports
- Furosemide: 698 reports
- Lyrica: 670 reports
- Nuplazid: 660 reports
- Lipitor: 648 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dementia:
- Dementia (2,414 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dementia:
- Parkinson's disease: 1,514 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,059 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,014 reports
- Osteoporosis: 919 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 917 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 911 reports
- Depression: 809 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dementia:
- Dementia (1,724 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ranolazine (the active ingredients of Ranexa) and Ranexa (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Probiotic and Panic Disorder - 2 seconds ago
- Ursodeoxycholic Acid and Tumor Haemorrhage - 4 seconds ago
- Jakafi and Tooth Loss - 7 seconds ago
- Calan vs. Esidrix - 15 seconds ago
- Profen and Genital Pruritus Female - 16 seconds ago
- Botox Cosmetic and Synovial Cyst - 25 seconds ago
- Rytary and Belching - 32 seconds ago
- Efudex and Visual Impairment - 37 seconds ago
- Sandostatin Lar and Haematotoxicity - 46 seconds ago
- Nuvigil and Pantoprazole drug interaction - 49 seconds ago