Spiriva and Insomnia - from FDA reports
Insomnia is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Advair Diskus 100/50, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Insomnia with Spiriva. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 100,153 people who have side effects when taking Spiriva from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
100,153 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva.
Among them, 1,320 people (1.32%) have Insomnia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Spiriva when people have Insomnia *:
- < 1 month: 57.14 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.27 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.3 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.2 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.79 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.2 %
- 10+ years: 1.1 %
Gender of people who have Insomnia when taking Spiriva *:
- female: 64.75 %
- male: 35.25 %
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Spiriva *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.11 %
- 20-29: 0.43 %
- 30-39: 1.82 %
- 40-49: 10.72 %
- 50-59: 19.94 %
- 60+: 66.99 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (138 people, 10.45%)
- Quit Smoking (129 people, 9.77%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (105 people, 7.95%)
- Depression (102 people, 7.73%)
- Pain (78 people, 5.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Advair Diskus 100/50 (221 people, 16.74%)
- Symbicort (202 people, 15.30%)
- Albuterol (184 people, 13.94%)
- Chantix (161 people, 12.20%)
- Singulair (146 people, 11.06%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (437 people, 33.11%)
- Stress And Anxiety (263 people, 19.92%)
- Fatigue (261 people, 19.77%)
- Nausea (258 people, 19.55%)
- Pain (224 people, 16.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Insomnia when taking Spiriva?
- Check symptoms - is insomnia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsInsomnia and drugs with ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeInsomnia and Spiriva from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from Spiriva 101,241 users)
Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, high blood pressure (latest reports from 230,070 Insomnia patients).
Browse all side effects of Spirivaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with InsomniaInsomnia
Could your condition cause InsomniaInsomnia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
hi everyone~ i need help with nightmares and night terrors and sleep paralysis... i've had all these issues for my life but since i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and have been taking levothyroxine it feels like my nightmares are more vivid and jarring 😰 it causes me anxiety at night to ...