Synthroid and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Synthroid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 140,558 people who have side effects when taking Synthroid from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
140,558 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid.
Among them, 3,784 people (2.69%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Synthroid when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 34.12 %
- 1 - 6 months: 24.71 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.88 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.88 %
- 2 - 5 years: 9.41 %
- 5 - 10 years: 9.41 %
- 10+ years: 10.59 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Synthroid *:
- female: 85.95 %
- male: 14.05 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Synthroid *:
- 0-1: 0.03 %
- 2-9: 0.17 %
- 10-19: 0.31 %
- 20-29: 1.23 %
- 30-39: 5.11 %
- 40-49: 13.42 %
- 50-59: 21.29 %
- 60+: 58.43 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (418 people, 11.05%)
- High Blood Pressure (325 people, 8.59%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (189 people, 4.99%)
- Depression (175 people, 4.62%)
- Pain (148 people, 3.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (349 people, 9.22%)
- Lasix (302 people, 7.98%)
- Lipitor (299 people, 7.90%)
- Niaspan (238 people, 6.29%)
- Nexium (228 people, 6.03%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (1,139 people, 30.10%)
- Fatigue (499 people, 13.19%)
- Nausea (468 people, 12.37%)
- Urticaria (416 people, 10.99%)
- Breathing Difficulty (364 people, 9.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Itching when taking Synthroid?
- Check symptoms - is itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItching and drugs with ingredients of levothyroxine sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Synthroid from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 149,659 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 165,439 Itching patients).
Browse all side effects of Synthroida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchingItching
Could your condition cause ItchingItching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
How long after stopping will the itching stop? Has been 5 days is no way as bad or often seems to be less every day, was horrible when taking. Would think after 5 days any side effect should be gone completely.
User reviews to the study
I have had prostate cancer since 2008 and use various Chinese herbs and CF IP6 & Inositol. Now I find out that I have hypothyroidism - and probably have had it for decades! I am taking levothyroxine .075mg. Internet re thyroid warns against green vegetables, etc, and internet re prostate ...
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...