Tramadol and Insomnia - from FDA reports
Insomnia is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lyrica, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Insomnia with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 18, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 2,308 people (2.78%) have Insomnia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Insomnia *:
- < 1 month: 51.81 %
- 1 - 6 months: 22.28 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.15 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.66 %
- 2 - 5 years: 10.36 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.11 %
- 10+ years: 3.63 %
Gender of people who have Insomnia when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 68.82 %
- male: 31.18 %
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.11 %
- 2-9: 0.16 %
- 10-19: 0.44 %
- 20-29: 5.32 %
- 30-39: 12.01 %
- 40-49: 15.74 %
- 50-59: 27.7 %
- 60+: 38.51 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (224 people, 9.71%)
- Stress And Anxiety (183 people, 7.93%)
- High Blood Pressure (183 people, 7.93%)
- Back Pain (167 people, 7.24%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (143 people, 6.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lyrica (288 people, 12.48%)
- Cymbalta (226 people, 9.79%)
- Xanax (170 people, 7.37%)
- Neurontin (153 people, 6.63%)
- Nexium (151 people, 6.54%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (555 people, 24.05%)
- Stress And Anxiety (518 people, 22.44%)
- Nausea (481 people, 20.84%)
- Headache (432 people, 18.72%)
- Depression (391 people, 16.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Insomnia when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is insomnia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsInsomnia and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeInsomnia and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,460 users)
Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, high blood pressure (latest reports from 230,061 Insomnia patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with InsomniaInsomnia
Could your condition cause InsomniaInsomnia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
hi everyone~ i need help with nightmares and night terrors and sleep paralysis... i've had all these issues for my life but since i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and have been taking levothyroxine it feels like my nightmares are more vivid and jarring 😰 it causes me anxiety at night to ...
User reviews to the study
Hi I am new on the group, and I have dopa responsive dystonia, which is well treated. However I often fell very tired doing the day, and often fell like i will never really get my head to wake up. and I often wake up many times doing the night, and can have trouble falling a sleep, but that is ...
Hi! I just found this group and I am so happy. I have been taking tramadol for almost 7 years. For the last 8 or 9 months I have been losing the strength in my legs and hands. If I switch medications will I regain some of the strength or is it gone forever??