Ursodiol and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Ursodiol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ocaliva, and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Ursodiol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,130 people who have side effects when taking Ursodiol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
5,130 people reported to have side effects when taking Ursodiol.
Among them, 188 people (3.66%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ursodiol when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 31.03 %
- 1 - 6 months: 51.72 %
- 6 - 12 months: 13.79 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.45 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Ursodiol *:
- female: 71.34 %
- male: 28.66 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Ursodiol *:
- 0-1: 0.71 %
- 2-9: 3.57 %
- 10-19: 5.71 %
- 20-29: 11.43 %
- 30-39: 8.57 %
- 40-49: 12.14 %
- 50-59: 25.71 %
- 60+: 32.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (20 people, 10.64%)
- High Blood Pressure (19 people, 10.11%)
- Bone Marrow Conditioning Regimen (16 people, 8.51%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (10 people, 5.32%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (9 people, 4.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ocaliva (51 people, 27.13%)
- Tacrolimus (24 people, 12.77%)
- Acyclovir (23 people, 12.23%)
- Furosemide (21 people, 11.17%)
- Prednisone (18 people, 9.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (39 people, 20.74%)
- Nausea (37 people, 19.68%)
- Diarrhea (31 people, 16.49%)
- Fever (27 people, 14.36%)
- Fatigue (27 people, 14.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Itching when taking Ursodiol?
- Check symptoms - is itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItching and drugs with ingredients of ursodiol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Ursodiol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ursodiol has active ingredients of ursodiol. It is often used in biliary cirrhosis primary. (latest outcomes from Ursodiol 5,285 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 165,439 Itching patients).
Browse all side effects of Ursodiola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchingItching
Could your condition cause ItchingItching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
How long after stopping will the itching stop? Has been 5 days is no way as bad or often seems to be less every day, was horrible when taking. Would think after 5 days any side effect should be gone completely.
User reviews to the study
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...
I had my gallbladder removed and had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I also have high cholesterol. My doctor put me on cholesterol medication called Welchol. At first, it was wonderful because it stopped me from having diarrhea so much. But now my skin itches everywhere even in my scalp.
My daughter is prescribed Decadron for treatment of leukemia. She has the most horriable side effects from this steroid the worst being a horriable itch that is somewhat tamed by Benadryl, or hydroxyzine. At first, our oncology team was surprised by this, but as I am reading around the internet ...