Who have Cough with Asthma - from FDA reports
Cough is found among people with Asthma, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Xolair and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,004 people who have Asthma from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
11,004 people who have Asthma and Cough are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Asthma and experience Cough *:
- female: 71.1 %
- male: 28.9 %
Age of people who have Asthma and experience Cough *:
- 0-1: 0.22 %
- 2-9: 4.22 %
- 10-19: 4.23 %
- 20-29: 3.77 %
- 30-39: 7.39 %
- 40-49: 14.19 %
- 50-59: 21.85 %
- 60+: 44.13 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 735 people, 6.68%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 575 people, 5.23%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 413 people, 3.75%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 382 people, 3.47%
- Hypersensitivity: 371 people, 3.37%
- Breathing Difficulty: 279 people, 2.54%
- Depression: 268 people, 2.44%
- Pain: 245 people, 2.23%
- Diabetes: 209 people, 1.90%
- Stress And Anxiety: 200 people, 1.82%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Xolair: 3,722 people, 33.82%
- Singulair: 2,458 people, 22.34%
- Ventolin: 2,118 people, 19.25%
- Symbicort: 1,980 people, 17.99%
- Advair Hfa: 1,498 people, 13.61%
- Spiriva: 1,404 people, 12.76%
- Advair Diskus 100/50: 978 people, 8.89%
- Albuterol: 716 people, 6.51%
- Alvesco: 693 people, 6.30%
- Flovent: 674 people, 6.13%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 4,321 people, 39.27%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 2,611 people, 23.73%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 2,004 people, 18.21%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 1,890 people, 17.18%
- Chest Pain: 1,858 people, 16.88%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,772 people, 16.10%
- Drug Ineffective: 1,667 people, 15.15%
- Productive Cough: 1,485 people, 13.50%
- High Blood Pressure: 1,403 people, 12.75%
- Headache (pain in head): 1,309 people, 11.90%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Cough with Asthma?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who have Cough and Asthma
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Asthma can be treated by Singulair, Symbicort, Advair diskus 250/50, Albuterol, Albuterol sulfate (latest reports from 167,852 Asthma patients)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 185,366 Cough patients).
Drugs that are associated with CoughCough (3,445 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause CoughCough (3,364 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Asthmaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Recent general studies
- Will you have Hyperthyroidism with Ativan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Emotional Disorder with Plavix? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Overactive Thyroid with Ativan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Hyperthyroid with Ativan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Thyrotoxicosis with Ativan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Swollen Eyelid with Copd? - 5 seconds ago
- Mucosil-10 and Safed-Chandan drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Will you have Haematoma Infection with Nalfon? - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Blood Beta-D-Glucan Abnormal with Phyllocontin? - 11 seconds ago
- Saccharomyces Boulardii and Ondansetron drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Tenormin - an hour ago
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Sucralfate, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Metformin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Zetia - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old man who takes Sertraline, Buscopan - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Sucralfate, Chlorthalidone, Atorvastatin Calcium, Ranitidine, Zetia - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Chlorthalidone - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Sucralfate - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 32 year old woman who takes Accutane, Cosentyx - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Bystolic - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Sandostatin Lar - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Synarel - 8 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.