Celexa and Keflex drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Celexa and Keflex. Common interactions include dyspnoea among females and headache among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Celexa and Keflex have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 457 people who take Celexa and Keflex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
457 people who take Celexa and Keflex together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Celexa?
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 54,830 Celexa users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Keflex?
Keflex has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. eHealthMe is studying from 14,742 Keflex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Celexa and Keflex reports submitted per year:
Celexa and Keflex drug interactions by gender *:
Celexa and Keflex drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Celexa and Keflex?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Agrawal A, Rao M, Jasdanwala S, Mathur A, Eng M, "Cephalexin Induced Cholestatic Jaundice", Case reports in gastrointestinal medicine, 2014 Aug .
- Hosseini, S. H., & Ahmadi, A., "Peripheral edema occurring during treatment with risperidone combined with citalopram", Case reports in medicine, 2012 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Celexa and Keflex interactions:
- Joint pain: 121 reports
- Diarrhea: 118 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 101 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 93 reports
- Constipation: 84 reports
- Abdominal pain: 80 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Celexa and Keflex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Celexa side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,091 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 3,639 reports
- Pain: 3,594 reports
- Depression: 3,433 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 3,157 reports
- Weakness: 2,901 reports
Browse all side effects of Celexa:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Keflex side effects:
- Pain: 1,593 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,354 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,336 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 1,314 reports
- Rashes (redness): 1,202 reports
Browse all side effects of Keflex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Celexa interactions:
- Celexa and Aspirin: 4,788 reports
- Celexa and Xanax: 4,016 reports
- Celexa and Synthroid: 3,968 reports
- Celexa and Prednisone: 3,490 reports
- Celexa and Neurontin: 3,416 reports
- Celexa and Prilosec: 3,364 reports
- Celexa and Wellbutrin: 3,266 reports
- Celexa and Lasix: 3,261 reports
- Celexa and Lisinopril: 3,240 reports
- Celexa and Lipitor: 3,060 reports
Browse all interactions between Celexa and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Keflex interactions:
- Keflex and Aspirin: 1,961 reports
- Keflex and Prednisone: 1,794 reports
- Keflex and Lasix: 1,516 reports
- Keflex and Tylenol: 1,324 reports
- Keflex and Lisinopril: 1,250 reports
- Keflex and Prilosec: 1,178 reports
- Keflex and Nexium: 1,120 reports
- Keflex and Bactrim: 1,075 reports
- Keflex and Gabapentin: 1,058 reports
- Keflex and Levaquin: 1,007 reports
Browse all interactions between Keflex and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on citalopram hydrobromide and cephalexin (the active ingredients of Celexa and Keflex, respectively), and Celexa and Keflex (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Celexa and Keflex.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Naproxen and Dimeticone drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Adderall and Breast Cyst - 10 seconds ago
- Cefazolin Sodium and Coughing Up Blood - 29 seconds ago
- Fentanyl Citrate and Alcoholism - 33 seconds ago
- Asa and Femoral Artery Occlusion - 47 seconds ago
- Skyla and Hypotension - a minute ago
- Xalatan and Small Intestine Ulcer - a minute ago
- Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma Unspecified and Atrioventricular Block Complete - a minute ago
- Humulin R and Nephrotic Syndrome - a minute ago
- Videx and Hoarseness Or Changing Voice - a minute ago