Clozaril and Simvastatin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Clozaril and Simvastatin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Clozaril and Simvastatin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,018 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
1,018 people who take Clozaril, Simvastatin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
- Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)
- Mental impairment (a condition affecting the body, perhaps through sight or hearing loss, a mobility difficulty or a health condition)
- Ventricular tachycardia (rapid heartbeat that originates in one of the lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart)
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Clozaril and Simvastatin
- Subscribe to monitor Clozaril
- Subscribe to monitor Simvastatin
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Clozaril has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from Clozaril 36,652 users)
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Simvastatin 149,080 users)
Interactions between Clozaril and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Simvastatin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Clozaril and Simvastatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Grover S, Sahoo S, "Clozapine induced akathisia: A case report and review of the evidence", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2015 Jan .
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
- Yaylaci S, Yilmaz EU, Guclu E, Kumsar NA, Tamer A, Karabay O, "Clozapine-Induced Febrile Neutropenia and Cellulitis", Turkish journal of emergency medicine, 2014 Mar .
What would happen?
Predict new side effects and undetected conditions when you take Clozaril and Simvastatin (43,803 reports studied)
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Clozaril (13 members)
- Support group for people who take Simvastatin
- Support group for people who take Clozaril and Simvastatin
You may be interested in these posts
- Was on lovastatin and woke up one day with a speak delay. Had tests ran indicated that I didn't have a stroke or bleeding on the brain. Still am having trouble speaking. Does anyone know how long this will last?
- Thinking of adding clozapine. Already taking sustenna shots
- The veteran's hospital has put me on tons of medications with no counseling of effects. I'm having severe not flashes. They started in 2006. I had ovaries removed in 2015. I've tried estradiol and progesterone creams. Just stopped taking simvastatin 40mg to see if it was the reason. No...
- Thanks for creating this group.
- Take Simvastatin wanting to find out if I should take Cinnamon supplement tablets
- Casodex and Serenoa Repens drug interaction
- Will you have Hypercoagulation with Felodipine?
- Will you have Ear Injury with Taxol?
- Will you have Cough with Olopatadine Hydrochloride?
- Will you have Ed with Acular?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Casodex and Serenoa Repens
- Support group for people who take Felodipine and have Hypercoagulation?
- Support group for people who take Taxol and have Ear Injury?
- Support group for people who take Olopatadine Hydrochloride and have Cough?
- Support group for people who take Acular and have Ed?
- I have chronic pain. I just started this medication today. I'm a little nervous.
- Hi, I’m taking lamictal and having oral thrust problems.
- I'm 50 year old female, was on the drug about a year, taken off about 6 months, had to go back on....
- They do have support groups on facebook for this! It might help you not feel so all alone! I too...
- Hair Knotting By Itself? I just got diagnosed with Occipital Neuralgia and I am having the worse...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.