Fosamax and Premarin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Fosamax and Premarin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Fosamax and Premarin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,014 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 31, 2017
3,014 people who take Fosamax, Premarin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFosamax and Premarin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Fosamax has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Fosamax 84,051 users)
Premarin has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated. It is often used in hormone replacement therapy. (latest outcomes from Premarin 81,545 users)
Interactions between Fosamax and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Premarin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Fosamax and Premarina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Fosamax (alendronate sodium) is often used to treat osteoporosis. Premarin (estrogens, conjugated) is often used to treat hormone replacement therapy. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Fosamax is used in:
- Premarin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I was diagnosed with non hodgekins B-cell lymphoma in 2014. I had 6 cycles of RCHOP which put me into remission. The lymphoma returned in 2015. I received two rounds of rice chemotherapy followed by high dose chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant. The lymphoma is back in remission. I was ...
- I am 64 and have been taking Premarin .3 for 10 years with absolutely no problems. I had a partial hysterectomy (still have ovaries) about 23 years ago. I started taking 1 pill every other day to start weaning off and after 6 weeks my ankles started swelling, feet and hands turn red and are very ...
- Ear pain. ENT doctor seen twice finds nothing I have been on Fosamax many years with a 2-year break. I have been on it almost two years after a 2-year break and 4 months ago started with clogging ears that turned into ear pain.
- I know that citalopram and tramadol interact but don't know about the group together.
- I have been taking Premarian for about 3 years. I was wondering if one of the side effects is hair loss.
User reviews to the study
- I am on Eliquis and baby aspirin for artery disease. I had bad muscle pain with statins so I'm no longer taking them. Are any of you battling osteoporosis and heart disease? Do you recommend Fosamax?
- my doctor switched me to Premarin because old estrogen was not working anymore and my menopausal symptoms..severe ones, all returned) . I have taken it for only 5 days and I have had intermittent itching, no skin rash just itching but it is making me crazy. Has anyone else had this at the ...
- I take Fosamax the generic , I have breast implants , I had my yearly mammogram , they seen white calcifications , now to rule out cancer have to go for a biopcy . I hope that I don't have cancer of course but I hope it isn't the Fosamax either . I've been getting my mammograms since 2012 in the ...
- I have been on alendronate sodium 70 mg since last year. Last month i noticed bald spots on my head. I have long dark hair and i stopped using it when i noticed them. I was wondering if it gets out of my system will my hair come back?
- I have always had low blood pressure 100/60 or less , since taking a generic for fosomax my blood pressure is anywhere from 120/80 to 138/80. Why?