Ritalin and Lovastatin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Ritalin and Lovastatin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Ritalin and Lovastatin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 63 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
63 people who take Ritalin, Lovastatin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
- Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets)
- Presbyoesophagus (abnormal shape of the swallowing tube)
- Primary sequestrum (piece of dead bone that has become separated during the process of necrosis from normal/sound bone)
- Proctalgia (pain in the rectum)
- Pulmonary embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Subscribe to monitor Ritalin and Lovastatin
- Subscribe to monitor Ritalin
- Subscribe to monitor Lovastatin
Do you take Ritalin with Lovastatin?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 18,721 users)
Lovastatin has active ingredients of lovastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lovastatin 20,151 users)
Interactions between Ritalin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Lovastatin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Ritalin and Lovastatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Ritalin (169 members)
- Support group for people who take Lovastatin
- Support group for people who take Ritalin and Lovastatin
You may be interested in these posts
- Wondering why it happens. I thought methylphenidate lead to symptoms of flushing or increased metabolism. Feels like my food and water isn't passing through my stomach
- Why do i get dry mouth when I take about 3-4 of my methylphenidate IR 20mg? I know its a side effect of the drug Ritalin, but why is it? What does it do to the inside of the body after a person takes it?
- When I was 20 years old my mother confessed that she traded sex with my doctor and pharmacist to keep my brother and i on Ritalin for 10 years. Checking the "Big Pill Book" I discovered that the three of them illegally kept me on it at 3 times the legal adult dose. I am now in my 50s and have...
- Urine retentionnon concerta but only when the does is 72mg daily as opposed to 36mg
- Two years ago I developed leg lymphedema following a radical hysterectomy, lymph node removal, and radiation for Uterine cancer. I am now 57 and cancer free but Lymphedema runs my life with several hours of required daily therapy and treatments. Although Lymphedema is not part of the...
- Will you have Oedema Lower Limb with Indapamide?
- Will you have Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements with Claritin?
- Will you have Salpingitis with Lyrica?
- Will you have Intrahepatic Cholestasis with Alendronic Acid?
- Will you have Feeling Hot And Cold with Valsartan?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Indapamide and have Oedema Lower Limb?
- Support group for people who take Claritin and have Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements?
- Support group for people who take Lyrica and have Salpingitis?
- Support group for people who take Alendronic Acid and have Intrahepatic Cholestasis?
- Support group for people who take Valsartan and have Feeling Hot And Cold?
- What to expect when you take Indapamide and have Oedema Lower Limb?
- What to expect when you take Claritin and have Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements?
- What to expect when you take Lyrica and have Salpingitis?
- What to expect when you take Alendronic Acid and have Intrahepatic Cholestasis?
- What to expect when you take Valsartan and have Feeling Hot And Cold?
Care Guides wanted
- Care Guide for people who take Indapamide and have Oedema Lower Limb
- Care Guide for people who take Claritin and have Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements
- Care Guide for people who take Lyrica and have Salpingitis
- Care Guide for people who take Alendronic Acid and have Intrahepatic Cholestasis
- Care Guide for people who take Valsartan and have Feeling Hot And Cold
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.