Zide and Celexa drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Zide and Celexa. Common interactions include back pain among females and fatigue among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Zide and Celexa have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,724 people who take Zide and Celexa from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,724 people who take Zide and Celexa together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Zide?
Zide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 161,992 Zide users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Celexa?
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 54,849 Celexa users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Zide and Celexa reports submitted per year:
Zide and Celexa drug interactions by gender *:
Zide and Celexa drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zide and Celexa?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hosseini, S. H., & Ahmadi, A., "Peripheral edema occurring during treatment with risperidone combined with citalopram", Case reports in medicine, 2012 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Zide and Celexa interactions:
- Suicidal ideation: 40 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Zide and Celexa:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Zide side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 11,812 reports
- High blood pressure: 10,348 reports
- Drug ineffective: 10,153 reports
- Pain: 9,179 reports
- Diarrhea: 9,036 reports
- Dizziness: 8,718 reports
- Weakness: 8,692 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 8,649 reports
Browse all side effects of Zide:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Celexa side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,091 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 3,639 reports
- Pain: 3,594 reports
- Depression: 3,433 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 3,157 reports
- Weakness: 2,901 reports
Browse all side effects of Celexa:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Zide interactions:
- Zide and Lisinopril: 25,892 reports
- Zide and Aspirin: 25,735 reports
- Zide and Amlodipine: 19,118 reports
- Zide and Metformin: 19,069 reports
- Zide and Prednisone: 14,942 reports
- Zide and Omeprazole: 14,803 reports
- Zide and Losartan: 12,955 reports
- Zide and Simvastatin: 12,954 reports
- Zide and Atenolol: 12,951 reports
- Zide and Gabapentin: 10,772 reports
Browse all interactions between Zide and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Celexa interactions:
- Celexa and Aspirin: 4,788 reports
- Celexa and Xanax: 4,016 reports
- Celexa and Synthroid: 3,968 reports
- Celexa and Prednisone: 3,490 reports
- Celexa and Neurontin: 3,416 reports
- Celexa and Prilosec: 3,364 reports
- Celexa and Wellbutrin: 3,266 reports
- Celexa and Lasix: 3,261 reports
- Celexa and Lisinopril: 3,240 reports
- Celexa and Lipitor: 3,060 reports
Browse all interactions between Celexa and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on hydrochlorothiazide and citalopram hydrobromide (the active ingredients of Zide and Celexa, respectively), and Zide and Celexa (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Zide and Celexa.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Atripla and Tinnitus - 54 seconds ago
- Cellcept and Oesophagitis Aggravated - a minute ago
- Famotidine and Nitrous Oxide drug interaction - a minute ago
- Gallbladder Cancer and Infection In An Immunocompromised Host - a minute ago
- Sevoflurane and Sinus Bradycardia - a minute ago
- Zolmitriptan and Hydramine drug interaction - 4 minutes ago
- Xarelto and White Blood Cell Disorder - 4 minutes ago
- Q10 and Haemarthrosis - 4 minutes ago
- Lamivudine and Electrolyte Imbalance - 5 minutes ago
- Terbutaline Sulfate and Scoliosis - 5 minutes ago