Allegra and Anaphylaxis - from FDA reports
Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Allegra, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xolair, and have Asthma. This review analyzes which people have Anaphylaxis with Allegra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,696 people who have side effects when taking Allegra from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 23, 2017
42,696 people reported to have side effects when taking Allegra.
Among them, 341 people (0.8%) have Anaphylaxis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Allegra when people have Anaphylaxis *:
- < 1 month: 75.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.14 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Allegra *:
- female: 78.9 %
- male: 21.1 %
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Allegra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 3.49 %
- 10-19: 2.71 %
- 20-29: 7.75 %
- 30-39: 15.5 %
- 40-49: 32.56 %
- 50-59: 24.42 %
- 60+: 13.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Asthma (99 people, 29.03%)
- Hypersensitivity (46 people, 13.49%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (33 people, 9.68%)
- Urticaria (21 people, 6.16%)
- High Blood Pressure (18 people, 5.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xolair (103 people, 30.21%)
- Singulair (83 people, 24.34%)
- Albuterol (46 people, 13.49%)
- Zyrtec (45 people, 13.20%)
- Flonase (38 people, 11.14%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Urticaria (50 people, 14.66%)
- Rashes (47 people, 13.78%)
- Breathing Difficulty (43 people, 12.61%)
- Chest Pain (31 people, 9.09%)
- Asthma (31 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Anaphylaxis when taking Allegra?
- Check symptoms - is anaphylaxis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAnaphylaxis and drugs with ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAnaphylaxis and Allegra from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Allegra 44,468 users)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with asthma, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, preventive health care (latest reports from 44,956 Anaphylaxis patients).
Browse all side effects of Allegraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis
Could your condition cause AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Azkur D, Yoldas T, Toyran M, Kocabas CN, "A pediatric case of anaphylaxis due to octreotide", Asian Pacific journal of allergy and immunology, 2011 Dec .
- Anđelić N, Erdeljan S, Popović R, Božić T, "Anaphylaxis on graft reperfusion during orthotopic liver transplantation: A case study", Srpski arhiv za celokupno lekarstvo, 2012 Jan .
- Thangakunam B, Christopher DJ, Mathews V, Srivastava A, "Mesenchymal stromal stem cell therapy in advanced interstitial lung disease-Anaphylaxis and short-term follow-up", Lung India: official organ of Indian Chest Society, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I took Avelox and within about 15 minutes went into anaphylactic shock. I first had itchy, burning eyes and went into the bathroom, looked in the mirror and saw that my eyes were so red I looked like the devil! At that point my arms and legs were itching and I noticed they were very swollen. I ...
I have been diagnosed with idiopathic anaphylaxis. Each time I had anaphylaxis and anaphylactic shock, I took pantoprazole for acid reflux. My doctor says that he doubts this is the cause as my symptoms are delayed...usually about 4-6 hrs. Has anyone experienced that type of a severe delayed ...
I am having dull pain at lower abdomen right side from last 2/3 yrs and always feel heavy even after small meal also Ultrasound test shows fatty lever and chlostrol level also bit high feel some swallow muscles on waist line right side also what it can be
User posts to the study
I took Allegra for the first time in many many years yesterday due to acute chronic rhinitis and a serious asthma attack. I stopped taking Claritin after many years because it became ineffective. The same happened with Zyrtec. I do not tolerate decongestants. I live in south Florida, and ...
I don’t normally have an issue with swollen ankles or feet. I had been taking Allegra for seasonal allergies when I noticed swelling. It does not go down at night. I stopped taking it 24 hrs ago, but the swelling remains. I am overweight and have been on my feet a lot due to Thanksgiving ...
I've noticed increased depression and exhaustion and taking Allegra or Claritin for my allergies. Ragweed is the worst one for me and Claritin wasn't doing anything so I switched to Allegra. I've been so depressed the past two weeks and the only thing I've done differently is take Allegra. It ...