Amoxicillin and Hiccups - from FDA reports
Hiccups is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Dexamethasone, and have Constipation. This review analyzes which people have Hiccups with Amoxicillin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 36,627 people who have side effects when taking Amoxicillin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
36,627 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin.
Among them, 36 people (0.1%) have Hiccups
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Hiccups *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hiccups when taking Amoxicillin *:
- female: 11.11 %
- male: 88.89 %
Age of people who have Hiccups when taking Amoxicillin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 6.06 %
- 20-29: 9.09 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 3.03 %
- 50-59: 3.03 %
- 60+: 78.79 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Constipation (11 people, 30.56%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 8.33%)
- Arthropod Bite (3 people, 8.33%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (2 people, 5.56%)
- Gingival Oedema (2 people, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Dexamethasone (14 people, 38.89%)
- Zometa (12 people, 33.33%)
- Vicodin (12 people, 33.33%)
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen (12 people, 33.33%)
- Alprazolam (12 people, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (24 people, 66.67%)
- Nausea (18 people, 50.00%)
- Back Pain (18 people, 50.00%)
- Weakness (17 people, 47.22%)
- Weight Decreased (15 people, 41.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hiccups when taking Amoxicillin?
- Check symptoms - is hiccups caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHiccups and drugs with ingredients of amoxicillin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHiccups and Amoxicillin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 39,680 users)
Hiccups (an involuntary spasm of the diaphragm and respiratory organs, with a sudden closure of the glottis and a sound like a cough) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, quit smoking, pain, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 5,596 Hiccups patients).
Browse all side effects of Amoxicillina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HiccupsHiccups
Could your condition cause HiccupsHiccups
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I began taking Amerge Monday night. Tuesday night I woke up with hiccups. Since them I have had them pretty consistently. I'll have a short break and then they are back again!! It's awful. My chest and between my shoulders is so sore and they are causing me to have a headache. I'm just ...
Been running a fever for 2 weeks now. Very high at first 104.4 but has dropped down to low grade since taking amoxicillin for a week. During day, no fever, but the low grade fever comes at night. I have a dull pain in my shoulder - possibly a muscle spasm, but it has started traveling down my ...