Androderm and Stroke - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Stroke is found among people who take Androderm, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Androderm and have Stroke. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,884 people who have side effects when taking Androderm from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,884 people reported to have side effects when taking Androderm.
Among them, 619 people (15.94%) have Stroke.
What is Androderm?
Androderm has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone. eHealthMe is studying from 3,953 Androderm users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Stroke?
Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) is found to be associated with 3,564 drugs and 2,960 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Androderm and Stroke reports submitted per year:
Time on Androderm when people have Stroke *:
Gender of people who have Stroke when taking Androderm*:
Age of people who have Stroke when taking Androderm *:
Common drugs people take besides Androderm *:
Common side effects people have besides Stroke *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Androderm and have Stroke?Check whether Stroke is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Stroke and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of testosterone:
- Stroke and drugs with ingredients of testosterone (2,893 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Androderm:
- Androderm (3,953 reports)
Common Androderm side effects:
- Heart attack: 677 reports
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 619 reports
- Deep venous thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 531 reports
- Pulmonary embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 508 reports
- Pain: 370 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 264 reports
Browse all side effects of Androderm:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Stroke treatments and more:
- Stroke (311,149 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Stroke:
- Stroke in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Stroke in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Stroke in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Stroke:
- Vioxx: 24,347 reports
- Avandia: 22,484 reports
- Aspirin: 11,549 reports
- Lipitor: 6,211 reports
- Plavix: 6,193 reports
- Celebrex: 5,919 reports
- Xarelto: 5,225 reports
- Lisinopril: 5,161 reports
- Metformin: 5,121 reports
- Pradaxa: 4,370 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Stroke:
- Stroke (3,564 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Stroke:
- Diabetes: 23,370 reports
- High blood pressure: 8,572 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 7,082 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 6,381 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 5,921 reports
- Arthritis: 5,814 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Stroke:
- Stroke (2,960 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on testosterone (the active ingredients of Androderm) and Androderm (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Wellbutrin and Hypoparathyroidism - now
- Afinitor and Breathing Difficulty - a second ago
- Eczema and Clostridium Difficile Colitis - 3 seconds ago
- Eczema and Eyes - Bulging - 4 seconds ago
- Ear Pain and Insomnia - 6 seconds ago
- Betaseron and Non-Hodgkin'S Lymphoma - 9 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen and Calcium Deficiency - 10 seconds ago
- Heart Attack and moderna covid vaccine - 15 seconds ago
- How effective is Altace for High Blood Pressure? - 22 seconds ago
- Cyclophosphamide and Gastric Haemorrhage - 29 seconds ago