Aspirin and Stroke - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 590,931 people who have side effects when taking Aspirin. Stroke is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Plavix and have Diabetes.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Aspirin and have Stroke. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
590,931 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin.
Among them, 12,316 people (2.08%) have Stroke.
What is Aspirin?
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is used in blood clots. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 600,584 Aspirin users.
What is Stroke?
Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) is found to be associated with 3,404 drugs and 2,976 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 325,990 people who have Stroke.
Number of Aspirin and Stroke reports submitted per year:
Time on Aspirin when people have Stroke *:
Gender of people who have Stroke when taking Aspirin*:
Age of people who have Stroke when taking Aspirin *:
Common drugs people take besides Aspirin *:
Common side effects people have besides Stroke *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Aspirin and have Stroke?Check whether Stroke is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alokaily FA, Alghamdi M, Almalki AS, Alhussaini H, "Aspirin induced leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage and acute renal failure (mimicking systemic vasculitis)", Saudi medical journal, 2013 Apr .
Aspirin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Aspirin side effects (600,584 reports)
Stroke treatments and more:
- Stroke (325,990 reports)
Common drugs associated with Stroke:
- Vioxx: 24,350 reports
- Avandia: 22,492 reports
- Aspirin: 12,316 reports
- Lipitor: 6,797 reports
- Plavix: 6,193 reports
- Celebrex: 5,770 reports
- Lisinopril: 5,482 reports
- Xarelto: 5,476 reports
- Metformin: 5,457 reports
- Eliquis: 4,643 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Stroke:
- Stroke (3,404 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Stroke:
- Diabetes: 23,536 reports
- High blood pressure: 8,572 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 7,082 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 6,743 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 6,090 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Stroke:
- Stroke (2,976 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on aspirin (the active ingredients of Aspirin) and Aspirin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride and Saxenda drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Supprelin and Rash Pruritic - 41 seconds ago
- Lipidil and Dalmane drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Lopurin and Gums - Swollen - 50 seconds ago
- Moduretic 5-50 and Escitalopram drug interaction - 59 seconds ago
- Beconase Aq and Weight Increased - a minute ago
- Trental and Nasacort drug interaction - a minute ago
- Aldactone and Roxicodone drug interaction - a minute ago
- Praluent and Plavix drug interaction - a minute ago
- Xopenex and Dexamethasone drug interaction - 2 minutes ago