Atorvastatin calcium and Screaming - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Screaming is found among people who take Atorvastatin calcium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Atorvastatin calcium and have Screaming. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 59,388 people who have side effects when taking Atorvastatin calcium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
59,388 people reported to have side effects when taking Atorvastatin calcium.
Among them, 15 people (0.03%) have Screaming.
What is Atorvastatin calcium?
Atorvastatin calcium has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 62,961 Atorvastatin calcium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Screaming?
Screaming (a long loud piercing cry) is found to be associated with 1,184 drugs and 750 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Atorvastatin calcium and Screaming reports submitted per year:
Time on Atorvastatin calcium when people have Screaming *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Screaming when taking Atorvastatin calcium *:
- female: 73.33 %
- male: 26.67 %
Age of people who have Screaming when taking Atorvastatin calcium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 30.77 %
- 50-59: 15.38 %
- 60+: 53.85 %
Common drugs people take besides Atorvastatin calcium *:
- Hydrocodone: 4 people, 26.67%
- Xyrem: 4 people, 26.67%
- Triamcinolone: 4 people, 26.67%
- Adderall: 3 people, 20.00%
- Allopurinol: 2 people, 13.33%
- Metformin: 2 people, 13.33%
- Moduretic 5-50: 2 people, 13.33%
- Contac 12 Hour: 1 person, 6.67%
- Flomax: 1 person, 6.67%
- Extended Phenytoin Sodium: 1 person, 6.67%
Common side effects people have besides Screaming *:
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 9 people, 60.00%
- Weight Decreased: 5 people, 33.33%
- Dizziness: 5 people, 33.33%
- Pain In Extremity: 5 people, 33.33%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 5 people, 33.33%
- Irritability: 5 people, 33.33%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 5 people, 33.33%
- Weakness: 5 people, 33.33%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 33.33%
- Headache (pain in head): 5 people, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Venous Occlusion (the blocking of venous return): 4 people, 26.67%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 3 people, 20.00%
- Asthma: 2 people, 13.33%
- Venous Thrombosis (blood clot (thrombus) that forms within a vein): 2 people, 13.33%
- Sinus Disorder (disease of sinus): 2 people, 13.33%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 2 people, 13.33%
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (chronic lung disease): 2 people, 13.33%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 2 people, 13.33%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 13.33%
- Heart Attack: 2 people, 13.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Atorvastatin calcium and have Screaming?Check whether Screaming is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Proti? D, Balti? S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanovi? S, Mugo?a S, Todorovi? Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
- Goldie MP, "Atorvastatin: a new treatment for periodontal disease?", , 2012 Jan .
How severe was Screaming and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of atorvastatin calcium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Atorvastatin calcium:
- Atorvastatin calcium (62,961 reports)
Common Atorvastatin calcium side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 3,616 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,461 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,019 reports
- Weakness: 2,870 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,430 reports
- Dizziness: 2,260 reports
- Muscle aches (muscle pain): 2,256 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,129 reports
- Joint pain: 1,944 reports
Browse all side effects of Atorvastatin calcium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Screaming treatments and more:
- Screaming (6,675 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Screaming:
- Screaming in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Screaming in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Screaming in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Screaming:
- Singulair: 259 reports
- Chantix: 243 reports
- Lyrica: 177 reports
- Seroquel: 176 reports
- Gabapentin: 164 reports
- Prednisone: 146 reports
- Aspirin: 143 reports
- Paxil: 142 reports
- Cymbalta: 141 reports
- Synthroid: 140 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Screaming:
- Screaming (1,184 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Screaming:
- Depression: 356 reports
- Pain: 232 reports
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: 229 reports
- Quit smoking: 224 reports
- Asthma: 201 reports
- Parkinson's disease: 199 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 160 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Screaming:
- Screaming (750 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on atorvastatin calcium (the active ingredients of Atorvastatin calcium) and Atorvastatin calcium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Klonopin and Injection Site Reaction - 2 seconds ago
- Lorazepam and Polyp Colorectal - 3 seconds ago
- Effexor and Rexulti drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Augmentin and Sinus Disorder - 8 seconds ago
- Sucralfate and Lip And/Or Oral Cavity Cancer - 10 seconds ago
- Allegra and Doxylamine Succinate drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Procaine Hydrochloride and Renal Failure - Acute - 12 seconds ago
- Procaine Hydrochloride and Acute Kidney Failure - 12 seconds ago
- Depo-Provera and Spinal Fracture - 15 seconds ago
- Fluconazole and Remicade drug interaction - 19 seconds ago