Benadryl and Back injury - from FDA reports
Back injury is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Narcolepsy. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,573 people who have side effects when taking Benadryl from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
51,573 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl.
Among them, 57 people (0.11%) have Back injury
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Benadryl when people have Back injury *:
- < 1 month: 62.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Back injury when taking Benadryl *:
- female: 57.89 %
- male: 42.11 %
Age of people who have Back injury when taking Benadryl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 10 people, 17.54%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 10 people, 17.54%
- Depression: 6 people, 10.53%
- Pain: 6 people, 10.53%
- Breast Cancer: 5 people, 8.77%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tylenol: 11 people, 19.30%
- Oxycontin: 11 people, 19.30%
- Soma: 10 people, 17.54%
- Xyrem: 10 people, 17.54%
- Xanax: 10 people, 17.54%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 26 people, 45.61%
- Back Pain: 22 people, 38.60%
- Drug Ineffective: 18 people, 31.58%
- Fall: 18 people, 31.58%
- Stress And Anxiety: 18 people, 31.58%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Back injury while taking Benadryl?
You are not alone:
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 55,788 users)
Back injury has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, depression (latest reports from 8,574 Back injury patients).
Drugs that are associated with Back injuryBack injury (1,347 drugs)
Could your condition cause Back injuryBack injury (934 conditions)
Benadryl side effects
- Benadryl side effects (51,687 reports)
Browse all side effects of Benadryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
- Actos and Daggers drug interaction
- Will you have Scan With Contrast Abnormal with Midodrine Hydrochloride?
- Will you have Seizure Disorder with Ambien?
- Will you have Epilepsy with Ambien?
- Will you have Arrhythmias with Hydroxyzine?
- Will you have Dysrhythmias with Hydroxyzine?
- Will you have Gastritis with Linzess?
- Will you have Arrhythmia with Hydroxyzine?
- Will you have Abnormal Heart Rhythms with Hydroxyzine?
- Will you have Tachycardia with Hydroxyzine?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.