Depo-provera and Infertility - from FDA reports
Infertility is found among people who take Depo-provera, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Depakene, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Infertility with Depo-provera. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,147 people who have side effects when taking Depo-provera from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 24, 2017
12,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Depo-provera.
Among them, 124 people (1.02%) have Infertility
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Depo-provera when people have Infertility *:
- < 1 month: 40.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 4.44 %
- 6 - 12 months: 17.78 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.11 %
- 2 - 5 years: 17.78 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8.89 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Infertility when taking Depo-provera *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Infertility when taking Depo-provera *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 14.93 %
- 20-29: 58.21 %
- 30-39: 20.9 %
- 40-49: 4.48 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 1.49 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (3 people, 2.42%)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (2 people, 1.61%)
- Ill-Defined Disorder (2 people, 1.61%)
- Bipolar Disorder (2 people, 1.61%)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (1 person, 0.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Luvox (2 people, 1.61%)
- Lupron Depot (2 people, 1.61%)
- Depakene (2 people, 1.61%)
- Claritin (1 person, 0.81%)
- Carbamazepine (1 person, 0.81%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Increased (43 people, 34.68%)
- Amenorrhea (25 people, 20.16%)
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding (19 people, 15.32%)
- Menstruation Irregular (18 people, 14.52%)
- Anovulatory Cycle (14 people, 11.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Infertility when taking Depo-provera?
- Check symptoms - is infertility caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsInfertility and drugs with ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeInfertility and Depo-provera from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Depo-provera has active ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Depo-provera 13,187 users)
Infertility has been reported by people with birth control, androgenetic alopecia, hair loss, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma (latest reports from 2,232 Infertility patients).
Browse all side effects of Depo-proveraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with InfertilityInfertility
Could your condition cause InfertilityInfertility
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I discovered recently that my pulse rate is extremely high, and the typical methods (and some of the more radical methods) of bringing my rate down simply do not work. Meditation, controlled breathing, imagining that elusive 'happy place- all of that used to work, now it does not. Being still ...
User reviews to the study
After the birth of my only child at age 44 my doctor gave me depo provera injection because he highly recommended it. At "my age" he didnt want me to get pregnant again. that was in 2007 and until the injection was pulled from the market, with no explanation. I then developed a osteoarthritis ...
After taking the shot , I noticed sugar would trigger a faster heart rate and anxiety . I have panic attacks after eating sugar and I'm always able to notice my heart beat which makes me even more notice and yesterday and today I have no appetite
Hi! Is there anyone in this group? I see there are no post. I have been taking Bisoprolol for 5 months now and started on Depo Provera a few days ago... and have been feeling weird: with a little chest pain, but I have no idea if that is Ok. Anyone knows or has felt like me?