Divalproex and Diplopia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Diplopia is found among people who take Divalproex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Divalproex and have Diplopia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,199 people who have side effects when taking Divalproex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11,199 people reported to have side effects when taking Divalproex.
Among them, 34 people (0.3%) have Diplopia.
What is Divalproex?
Divalproex has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 10,313 Divalproex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Diplopia?
Diplopia (double vision) is found to be associated with 2,250 drugs and 1,806 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Divalproex and Diplopia reports submitted per year:
Time on Divalproex when people have Diplopia *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 33.33 %
Gender of people who have Diplopia when taking Divalproex *:
- female: 61.29 %
- male: 38.71 %
Age of people who have Diplopia when taking Divalproex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 14.81 %
- 20-29: 7.41 %
- 30-39: 3.7 %
- 40-49: 22.22 %
- 50-59: 25.93 %
- 60+: 25.93 %
Common drugs people take besides Divalproex *:
- Vimpat: 10 people, 29.41%
- Depakote: 6 people, 17.65%
- Lamictal: 6 people, 17.65%
- Neurontin: 5 people, 14.71%
- Flonase: 5 people, 14.71%
- Metformin: 5 people, 14.71%
- Dilantin: 5 people, 14.71%
- Topamax: 5 people, 14.71%
- Keppra: 5 people, 14.71%
- Zolpidem: 4 people, 11.76%
Common side effects people have besides Diplopia *:
- Dizziness: 16 people, 47.06%
- Vision Blurred: 11 people, 32.35%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 10 people, 29.41%
- Headache (pain in head): 9 people, 26.47%
- Speech Impairment (Adult) (inability to speak (adult)): 7 people, 20.59%
- Fall: 7 people, 20.59%
- Balance Disorder: 7 people, 20.59%
- Memory Loss: 7 people, 20.59%
- Pain: 7 people, 20.59%
- Weakness: 6 people, 17.65%
Common conditions people have *:
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 8 people, 23.53%
- Depression: 5 people, 14.71%
- Sleep Disorder: 5 people, 14.71%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 4 people, 11.76%
- Dizziness: 4 people, 11.76%
- Constipation: 4 people, 11.76%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 3 people, 8.82%
- Headache (pain in head): 3 people, 8.82%
- Pain: 3 people, 8.82%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 8.82%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Divalproex and have Diplopia?Check whether Diplopia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kocamaz, M., & Karadag, O., "Topiramate-Induced Acute Myopia, Diplopia, and Photosensitivity: A Case Report", Beyoglu Eye Journal, 2019 Jan .
How severe was Diplopia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of divalproex sodium:
- Diplopia and drugs with ingredients of divalproex sodium (182 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Divalproex:
- Divalproex (10,313 reports)
Common Divalproex side effects:
Browse all side effects of Divalproex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Diplopia treatments and more:
- Diplopia (26,672 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Diplopia:
- Diplopia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Diplopia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Diplopia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Diplopia:
All the drugs that are associated with Diplopia:
- Diplopia (2,250 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Diplopia:
All the conditions that are associated with Diplopia:
- Diplopia (1,806 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on divalproex sodium (the active ingredients of Divalproex) and Divalproex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fatigue and Gastrointestinal Inflammation - a second ago
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell and Gastrointestinal Inflammation - 17 seconds ago
- Xalatan and Trazodone Hydrochloride drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Cervicobrachial Syndrome and drugs of ingredients of trazodone hydrochloride - 32 seconds ago
- Danocrine and Crohn'S Disease - 33 seconds ago
- Dupixent and Abnormal Faeces - 38 seconds ago
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Irritability - 40 seconds ago
- Verelan and Prozac drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension and Paranasal Sinus Hypersecretion - 55 seconds ago
- Temsirolimus and Cefuroxime drug interaction - a minute ago