Garlic and Indigestion - from FDA reports
Indigestion is found among people who take Garlic, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Atenolol, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Indigestion with Garlic. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,351 people who have side effects when taking Garlic from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 23, 2017
1,351 people reported to have side effects when taking Garlic.
Among them, 22 people (1.63%) have Indigestion
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Garlic when people have Indigestion *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Indigestion when taking Garlic *:
- female: 71.43 %
- male: 28.57 %
Age of people who have Indigestion when taking Garlic *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.88 %
- 40-49: 5.88 %
- 50-59: 29.41 %
- 60+: 58.82 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 13.64%)
- Ill-Defined Disorder (2 people, 9.09%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (2 people, 9.09%)
- Swelling (1 person, 4.55%)
- Stroke (1 person, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Atenolol (6 people, 27.27%)
- Niaspan (4 people, 18.18%)
- Celebrex (4 people, 18.18%)
- Omega-3 Marine Triglycerides (3 people, 13.64%)
- Lipitor (3 people, 13.64%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (9 people, 40.91%)
- Fatigue (5 people, 22.73%)
- Weakness (4 people, 18.18%)
- Hypoaesthesia (4 people, 18.18%)
- Haematuria Present (3 people, 13.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Indigestion when taking Garlic?
- Check symptoms - is indigestion caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsIndigestion and drugs with ingredients of allium sativum.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeIndigestion and Garlic from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Garlic has active ingredients of allium sativum. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Garlic 1,488 users)
Indigestion has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 86,783 Indigestion patients).
Browse all side effects of Garlica b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with IndigestionIndigestion
Could your condition cause IndigestionIndigestion
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I get shivering with fever every now and then. Even now. Sometimes only shivering or sometimes both. My physician gives an antibiotic and gets cured. But again , it comes back. Next I have constipation, food doesn't get digested by itself at all without medicine and also no proper absorption. ...
User posts to the study
Don't remember having a problem with indigestion when I was started on three 100 mg a day. Now taking one 300 mg a day and experiencing problems with indigestion -- so much so that I may ask to be put back on the 100 mg. dose.