Ibuprofen and Flatulence - from FDA reports
Flatulence is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Chantix, and have Quit smoking. This review analyzes which people have Flatulence with Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 102,006 people who have side effects when taking Ibuprofen from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
102,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen.
Among them, 448 people (0.44%) have Flatulence
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Flatulence *:
- < 1 month: 45.83 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.83 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.17 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.17 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.5 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Flatulence when taking Ibuprofen *:
- female: 67.43 %
- male: 32.57 %
Age of people who have Flatulence when taking Ibuprofen *:
- 0-1: 1.91 %
- 2-9: 0.55 %
- 10-19: 2.73 %
- 20-29: 11.75 %
- 30-39: 11.2 %
- 40-49: 15.85 %
- 50-59: 24.59 %
- 60+: 31.42 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Quit Smoking (45 people, 10.04%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (35 people, 7.81%)
- High Blood Pressure (26 people, 5.80%)
- Depression (26 people, 5.80%)
- Birth Control (22 people, 4.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Chantix (51 people, 11.38%)
- Omeprazole (42 people, 9.38%)
- Xanax (40 people, 8.93%)
- Levaquin (38 people, 8.48%)
- Aciphex (37 people, 8.26%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea (157 people, 35.04%)
- Nausea (145 people, 32.37%)
- Indigestion (123 people, 27.46%)
- Constipation (123 people, 27.46%)
- Abdominal Distension (115 people, 25.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Flatulence when taking Ibuprofen?
- Check symptoms - is flatulence caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFlatulence and drugs with ingredients of ibuprofen.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFlatulence and Ibuprofen from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 107,277 users)
Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure (latest reports from 35,902 Flatulence patients).
Browse all side effects of Ibuprofena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FlatulenceFlatulence
Could your condition cause FlatulenceFlatulence
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Please help! Within the last 4 weeks my son received 7 blood draws, 3 urinalysis, 3 strep swabs, and a chest X-ray. The pediatric rheumatologist has suggested serum sickness reaction. His symptoms are joint pain, fever that has reached 103.5, two different looking rashes, stomach pain. The only ...
User posts to the study
Hello, I've been taking Hydroxychloroquine for a few years, but for 2 years I have been very flatulent and sometimes constipated. I'm trying to find a solution . I'm at the point where I don't go outside my house that much. I tried fennel and anise tea. I'm hoping someone has found something ...