Indomethacin and Pleurisy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pleurisy is found among people who take Indomethacin, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Indomethacin and have Pleurisy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,667 people who have side effects when taking Indomethacin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
13,667 people reported to have side effects when taking Indomethacin.
Among them, 19 people (0.14%) have Pleurisy.
What is Indomethacin?
Indomethacin has active ingredients of indomethacin. It is often used in gout. eHealthMe is studying from 14,326 Indomethacin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pleurisy?
Pleurisy (inflammation of the pleurae, which causes pain when breathing) is found to be associated with 1,690 drugs and 1,101 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Indomethacin and Pleurisy reports submitted per year:
Time on Indomethacin when people have Pleurisy *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 20 %
- 1 - 2 years: 60 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pleurisy when taking Indomethacin *:
- female: 42.11 %
- male: 57.89 %
Age of people who have Pleurisy when taking Indomethacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 46.15 %
- 50-59: 30.77 %
- 60+: 23.08 %
Common drugs people take besides Indomethacin *:
- Methotrexate: 7 people, 36.84%
- Actemra: 4 people, 21.05%
- Neurontin: 4 people, 21.05%
- Humira: 4 people, 21.05%
- Zyflo: 3 people, 15.79%
- Cymbalta: 3 people, 15.79%
- Percocet: 3 people, 15.79%
- Maxzide: 3 people, 15.79%
- Xyrem: 3 people, 15.79%
- Levoxyl: 3 people, 15.79%
Common side effects people have besides Pleurisy *:
- Pain: 7 people, 36.84%
- Breathing Difficulty: 6 people, 31.58%
- Fever: 6 people, 31.58%
- High Blood Pressure: 5 people, 26.32%
- Weight Decreased: 5 people, 26.32%
- Back Injury: 4 people, 21.05%
- Blood Pressure Diastolic Abnormal: 4 people, 21.05%
- Blood Pressure Fluctuation: 4 people, 21.05%
- Emotional Disorder: 4 people, 21.05%
- Weight Increased: 4 people, 21.05%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 10 people, 52.63%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 3 people, 15.79%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 3 people, 15.79%
- Sleep Disorder: 2 people, 10.53%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 5.26%
- Renal Cancer Stage Iv (the tumour has spread to areas beyond gerota's fascia and extends into the adrenal gland on the same side of the body as the tumour, possibly to lymph nodes, but not to other parts of the body): 1 person, 5.26%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 5.26%
- Nasal Dryness (dry nose): 1 person, 5.26%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 1 person, 5.26%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 5.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Indomethacin and have Pleurisy?Check whether Pleurisy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mantarro S, Tuccori M, Pasqualetti G, Tognini S, Montagnani S, Monzani F, Blandizzi C, "Acute portal vein thrombosis precipitated by indomethacin in a HCV-positive elderly patient", BMC geriatrics, 2012 Nov .
How severe was Pleurisy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of indomethacin:
- Pleurisy and drugs with ingredients of indomethacin (26 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Indomethacin:
- Indomethacin (14,326 reports)
Common Indomethacin side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 1,243 reports
- Pain: 1,085 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,014 reports
- Joint pain: 872 reports
- Dizziness: 822 reports
- Indigestion: 815 reports
- Diarrhea: 766 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 714 reports
Browse all side effects of Indomethacin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pleurisy treatments and more:
- Pleurisy (8,383 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pleurisy:
- Pleurisy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pleurisy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pleurisy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Pleurisy:
- Methotrexate: 825 reports
- Humira: 670 reports
- Prednisone: 628 reports
- Prednisolone: 441 reports
- Enbrel: 382 reports
- Aspirin: 261 reports
- Remicade: 256 reports
- Omeprazole: 228 reports
- Ibu: 217 reports
- Profen: 217 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pleurisy:
- Pleurisy (1,690 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pleurisy:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,362 reports
- High blood pressure: 360 reports
- Osteoporosis: 242 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 237 reports
- Pain: 224 reports
- Birth control: 207 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pleurisy:
- Pleurisy (1,101 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on indomethacin (the active ingredients of Indomethacin) and Indomethacin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Azelastine Hydrochloride and Lecithin drug interaction - a second ago
- Actos and Multiple Drug Overdose Intentional - 6 seconds ago
- Konakion and Diverticulum Intestinal - 6 seconds ago
- Zyrtec and Ocular Vascular Disorder - 6 seconds ago
- Folic Acid and Adenomyosis - 7 seconds ago
- Indomethacin and Pleurisy - 7 seconds ago
- Bifido and Loss Of Consciousness - 13 seconds ago
- Codeine and Strabismus - 14 seconds ago
- Hexabrix and Hemianopia Homonymous - 19 seconds ago
- Apixaban and Jantoven drug interaction - 36 seconds ago