Jardiance and Fistula - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Fistula is found among people who take Jardiance, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Jardiance and have Fistula. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,596 people who have side effects when taking Jardiance from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
28,596 people reported to have side effects when taking Jardiance.
Among them, 8 people (0.03%) have Fistula.
What is Jardiance?
Jardiance has active ingredients of empagliflozin. eHealthMe is studying from 28,996 Jardiance users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Fistula?
Fistula (an abnormal connection or passageway between two) is found to be associated with 1,354 drugs and 882 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Jardiance and Fistula reports submitted per year:
Time on Jardiance when people have Fistula *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fistula when taking Jardiance *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Fistula when taking Jardiance *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 57.14 %
- 60+: 42.86 %
Common drugs people take besides Jardiance *:
- Zyrtec: 2 people, 25.00%
- Proair Respiclick: 2 people, 25.00%
- Ativan: 2 people, 25.00%
- Augmentin: 2 people, 25.00%
- Celexa: 2 people, 25.00%
- Colace: 2 people, 25.00%
- Compazine: 2 people, 25.00%
- Desyrel: 2 people, 25.00%
- Flagyl: 2 people, 25.00%
- Glucophage: 2 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Fistula *:
- Abscess (pus): 3 people, 37.50%
- Drug Ineffective: 2 people, 25.00%
- Eye Pruritus (eye itching): 2 people, 25.00%
- Fever: 2 people, 25.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 2 people, 25.00%
- Disease Recurrence: 2 people, 25.00%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 2 people, 25.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 25.00%
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: 2 people, 25.00%
- Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis): 2 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Type 2 Diabetes: 2 people, 25.00%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 2 people, 25.00%
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: 2 people, 25.00%
- Erythroleukaemia (blood cancer): 1 person, 12.50%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 12.50%
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Jardiance and have Fistula?Check whether Fistula is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Fistula and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of empagliflozin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Jardiance:
- Jardiance (28,996 reports)
Common Jardiance side effects:
Browse all side effects of Jardiance:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Fistula treatments and more:
- Fistula (12,760 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Fistula:
- Fistula in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Fistula in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Fistula in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Fistula:
All the drugs that are associated with Fistula:
- Fistula (1,354 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Fistula:
All the conditions that are associated with Fistula:
- Fistula (882 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on empagliflozin (the active ingredients of Jardiance) and Jardiance (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Reglan and Hoarseness Or Changing Voice - 3 seconds ago
- Minocin and Flexeril drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Phentermine and Ziac drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Trental and Nausea - 37 seconds ago
- Paroxetine Hydrochloride and Erythromycin drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Zanaflex and Foetal Exposure During Pregnancy - 37 seconds ago
- Lipitor and Tetanus - 40 seconds ago
- Accutane and Oligohydramnios - 41 seconds ago
- Decadron and Xigris drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Zetia and Gangrene - 45 seconds ago