Lyrica and Weight increased - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Weight increased is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lyrica and have Weight increased. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 243,378 people who have side effects when taking Lyrica from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
243,378 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica.
Among them, 12,245 people (5.03%) have Weight increased.
What is Lyrica?
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. eHealthMe is studying from 249,034 Lyrica users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Weight increased?
Weight increased is found to be associated with 3,928 drugs and 3,764 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lyrica and Weight increased reports submitted per year:
Time on Lyrica when people have Weight increased *:
Gender of people who have Weight increased when taking Lyrica*:
Age of people who have Weight increased when taking Lyrica *:
Common drugs people take besides Lyrica *:
Common side effects people have besides Weight increased *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lyrica and have Weight increased?Check whether Weight increased is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Bonnet U, Taazimi B, Grabbe HD, "Pregabalin-Related Hypertriglyceridemia", Psychosomatics, 2014 Nov .
How severe was Weight increased and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of pregabalin:
- Weight increased and drugs with ingredients of pregabalin (13,366 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lyrica:
- Lyrica (249,034 reports)
Common Lyrica side effects:
- Pain: 30,908 reports
- Drug ineffective: 25,036 reports
- Dizziness: 14,707 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 13,952 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13,177 reports
- Weight increased: 12,245 reports
Browse all side effects of Lyrica:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Weight increased treatments and more:
- Weight increased (238,299 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Weight increased:
- Weight increased in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Weight increased in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Weight increased in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Weight increased:
- Prednisone: 18,993 reports
- Lyrica: 12,245 reports
- Methotrexate: 11,836 reports
- Risperdal: 9,118 reports
- Aspirin: 8,715 reports
- Humira: 8,227 reports
- Metformin: 7,862 reports
- Synthroid: 7,760 reports
- Enbrel: 6,641 reports
- Abilify: 6,390 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Weight increased:
- Weight increased (3,928 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Weight increased:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 16,063 reports
- Depression: 10,701 reports
- High blood pressure: 8,581 reports
- Pain: 7,919 reports
- Crohn's disease: 7,365 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 6,565 reports
- Birth control: 6,336 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Weight increased:
- Weight increased (3,764 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pregabalin (the active ingredients of Lyrica) and Lyrica (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Alanine Aminotransferase Decreased and drugs of ingredients of dolutegravir sodium - a second ago
- Baby Aspirin and Eye Irritation - 2 seconds ago
- Felodipine and Depression - 3 seconds ago
- Amaryl vs. Lantus - 3 seconds ago
- Ovulation Disorder and pfizer biontech covid vaccine - 7 seconds ago
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Sevoflurane drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Seroquel and Burning Mouth Syndrome - 9 seconds ago
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Sevelamer Carbonate drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Oxcarbazepine and Skin Blushing/Flushing - 12 seconds ago
- Haematocrit Decreased and drugs of ingredients of ampicillin sodium; sulbactam sodium - 17 seconds ago