Marinol and Skin blushing/flushing - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Skin blushing/flushing is found among people who take Marinol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Marinol and have Skin blushing/flushing. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,566 people who have side effects when taking Marinol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,566 people reported to have side effects when taking Marinol.
Among them, 27 people (0.59%) have Skin blushing/flushing.
What is Marinol?
Marinol has active ingredients of dronabinol. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 4,668 Marinol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Skin blushing/flushing?
Skin blushing/flushing (a sudden reddening of the face, neck) is found to be associated with 3,264 drugs and 2,721 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Marinol and Skin blushing/flushing reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Skin blushing/flushing when taking Marinol *:
- female: 68 %
- male: 32 %
Age of people who have Skin blushing/flushing when taking Marinol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.56 %
- 20-29: 11.11 %
- 30-39: 22.22 %
- 40-49: 22.22 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Common drugs people take besides Marinol *:
- Morphine: 8 people, 29.63%
- Neurontin: 7 people, 25.93%
- Protonix: 6 people, 22.22%
- Tecfidera: 6 people, 22.22%
- Lyrica: 5 people, 18.52%
- Vicodin: 5 people, 18.52%
- Lexapro: 5 people, 18.52%
- Miralax: 4 people, 14.81%
- Phenergan: 4 people, 14.81%
- Compazine: 4 people, 14.81%
Common side effects people have besides Skin blushing/flushing *:
- Dizziness: 6 people, 22.22%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6 people, 22.22%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 6 people, 22.22%
- Weakness: 5 people, 18.52%
- Constipation: 5 people, 18.52%
- Headache (pain in head): 5 people, 18.52%
- Itching: 4 people, 14.81%
- Rashes (redness): 4 people, 14.81%
- Breathing Difficulty: 4 people, 14.81%
- Fever: 4 people, 14.81%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 11 people, 40.74%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 7.41%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma Stage Unspecified (kidney cancer in unknown stage): 2 people, 7.41%
- Hiv Infection: 2 people, 7.41%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 3.70%
- Promotion Of Peripheral Circulation: 1 person, 3.70%
- Ovarian Cancer (cancer of ovary): 1 person, 3.70%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 1 person, 3.70%
- Muscle Spasticity (tight or stiff muscles and an inability to control those muscles): 1 person, 3.70%
- Impaired Gastric Emptying: 1 person, 3.70%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Marinol and have Skin blushing/flushing?Check whether Skin blushing/flushing is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Skin blushing/flushing and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of dronabinol:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Marinol:
- Marinol (4,668 reports)
Common Marinol side effects:
Browse all side effects of Marinol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Skin blushing/flushing treatments and more:
- Skin blushing/flushing (107,518 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Skin blushing/flushing:
- Skin blushing/flushing in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Skin blushing/flushing in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Skin blushing/flushing in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Skin blushing/flushing:
All the drugs that are associated with Skin blushing/flushing:
- Skin blushing/flushing (3,264 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Skin blushing/flushing:
All the conditions that are associated with Skin blushing/flushing:
- Skin blushing/flushing (2,721 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dronabinol (the active ingredients of Marinol) and Marinol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Montelukast Sodium and Sleep Apnea Syndrome - a second ago
- Baclofen and Amitiza drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Prolia and Wheezing - 2 seconds ago
- How effective is Effexor for Schizoaffective Disorder? - 2 seconds ago
- Hydrocortisone and Hypokalemia - 3 seconds ago
- Naprosyn and Ambien drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Doxycycline and Gaviscon drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Levitra and Parkinson'S Disease - 10 seconds ago
- Abdominal Discomfort and drugs of ingredients of mometasone furoate; formoterol fumarate - 12 seconds ago
- Hydroxyurea and Vitamin B12 drug interaction - 13 seconds ago