Metformin and Skin blushing/flushing - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Skin blushing/flushing is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Metformin and have Skin blushing/flushing. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 395,495 people who have side effects when taking Metformin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
395,495 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 3,096 people (0.78%) have Skin blushing/flushing.
What is Metformin?
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 440,868 Metformin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Skin blushing/flushing?
Skin blushing/flushing (a sudden reddening of the face, neck) is found to be associated with 3,567 drugs and 2,858 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Metformin and Skin blushing/flushing reports submitted per year:
Time on Metformin when people have Skin blushing/flushing *:
Gender of people who have Skin blushing/flushing when taking Metformin*:
Age of people who have Skin blushing/flushing when taking Metformin *:
Common drugs people take besides Metformin *:
Common side effects people have besides Skin blushing/flushing *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Metformin and have Skin blushing/flushing?Check whether Skin blushing/flushing is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- T.Audi Yanto, I.Huang, F.Nathania Kosasih, NP Hardjo Lugito, "Nightmare and Abnormal Dreams: Rare Side Effects of Metformin?", Case Reports in Endocrinology, 2018 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Skin blushing/flushing and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metformin hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Metformin:
- Metformin (440,868 reports)
Common Metformin side effects:
- Diarrhea: 28,112 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 22,049 reports
- Drug ineffective: 20,041 reports
- Weight decreased: 19,088 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 17,857 reports
- Lactic acidosis (low ph in body tissues): 17,478 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 16,617 reports
Browse all side effects of Metformin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Skin blushing/flushing treatments and more:
- Skin blushing/flushing (113,685 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Skin blushing/flushing:
- Skin blushing/flushing in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Skin blushing/flushing in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Skin blushing/flushing in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Skin blushing/flushing:
- Niaspan: 18,900 reports
- Tecfidera: 18,304 reports
- Aspirin: 9,341 reports
- Simcor: 5,358 reports
- Lisinopril: 3,993 reports
- Fish oil: 3,195 reports
- Metformin: 3,096 reports
- Vitamin d: 3,051 reports
- Prednisone: 3,006 reports
- Lipitor: 2,862 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Skin blushing/flushing:
- Skin blushing/flushing (3,567 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Skin blushing/flushing:
- Multiple sclerosis: 20,241 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 11,089 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 5,307 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,177 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Skin blushing/flushing:
- Skin blushing/flushing (2,858 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metformin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Metformin) and Metformin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Metochlopramide and Sleep Apnea Syndrome - 2 seconds ago
- R-Lipoic Acid and Pneumonia - 5 seconds ago
- Elmiron and Intestinal Obstruction - 5 seconds ago
- Aleve Pm and Prozac drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Kaon Cl and Foreign Body Trauma - 10 seconds ago
- Dupixent and Dental Caries - 14 seconds ago
- Travatan and Umbilical Hernia - 14 seconds ago
- Proair Hfa and Piroxicam drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Clindamycin Phosphate and Muscle Twitching - 35 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Corneal Abscess - 35 seconds ago