Methotrexate and Pain exacerbated - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pain exacerbated is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Methotrexate and have Pain exacerbated. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 517,446 people who have side effects when taking Methotrexate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
517,446 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate.
Among them, 44,785 people (8.66%) have Pain exacerbated.
What is Methotrexate?
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 521,906 Methotrexate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pain exacerbated?
Pain exacerbated is found to be associated with 4,747 drugs and 2,359 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Methotrexate and Pain exacerbated reports submitted per year:
Time on Methotrexate when people have Pain exacerbated *:
Gender of people who have Pain exacerbated when taking Methotrexate*:
Age of people who have Pain exacerbated when taking Methotrexate *:
Common drugs people take besides Methotrexate *:
Common side effects people have besides Pain exacerbated *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Methotrexate and have Pain exacerbated?Check whether Pain exacerbated is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Henien M, Carey B, Hullah E, Sproat C, Patel V, "methotrexate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: A report of two cases", Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, 2017 Dec .
How severe was Pain exacerbated and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methotrexate sodium:
- Pain exacerbated and drugs with ingredients of methotrexate sodium (27,089 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Methotrexate:
- Methotrexate (521,906 reports)
Common Methotrexate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 104,668 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 52,705 reports
- Joint pain: 45,719 reports
- Pain: 44,785 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 36,266 reports
- Rashes (redness): 30,738 reports
- Joint swelling: 29,058 reports
Browse all side effects of Methotrexate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pain exacerbated treatments and more:
- Pain exacerbated (1,595 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pain exacerbated:
- Pain exacerbated in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pain exacerbated in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pain exacerbated in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Pain exacerbated:
- Oxycontin: 55,550 reports
- Enbrel: 47,830 reports
- Humira: 47,288 reports
- Methotrexate: 44,785 reports
- Prednisone: 44,380 reports
- Lyrica: 30,908 reports
- Xeljanz: 26,984 reports
- Oxycodone: 24,129 reports
- Aspirin: 22,318 reports
- Actemra: 20,065 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pain exacerbated:
- Pain exacerbated (4,747 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pain exacerbated:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 74,666 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 29,170 reports
- Pain: 21,839 reports
- High blood pressure: 19,549 reports
- Osteoporosis: 17,097 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 16,398 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pain exacerbated:
- Pain exacerbated (2,359 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methotrexate sodium (the active ingredients of Methotrexate) and Methotrexate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole Sodium vs. Zantac 300 - a second ago
- Premphase and Norflex drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Catapres and Moxifloxacin drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Crohn'S Disease and Angiopathy - 17 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Microangiopathic Haemolytic Anaemia - 18 seconds ago
- Symbicort and Areflexia - 27 seconds ago
- Pegasys and Glossodynia - 38 seconds ago
- Bivalirudin and Nausea And Vomiting - 42 seconds ago
- Tracleer and Sleep Disorder - 43 seconds ago
- Appetite Decreased and Drowsiness - 44 seconds ago