Prednisone and Pleurisy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pleurisy is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Prednisone and have Pleurisy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 523,651 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
523,651 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 628 people (0.12%) have Pleurisy.
What is Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 531,402 Prednisone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pleurisy?
Pleurisy (inflammation of the pleurae, which causes pain when breathing) is found to be associated with 1,691 drugs and 1,101 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Prednisone and Pleurisy reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Pleurisy *:
Gender of people who have Pleurisy when taking Prednisone*:
Age of people who have Pleurisy when taking Prednisone *:
Common drugs people take besides Prednisone *:
Common side effects people have besides Pleurisy *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Prednisone and have Pleurisy?Check whether Pleurisy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Pleurisy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of prednisone:
- Pleurisy and drugs with ingredients of prednisone (565 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Prednisone:
- Prednisone (531,402 reports)
Common Prednisone side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 66,683 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 46,071 reports
- Pain: 44,380 reports
- Joint pain: 38,003 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 37,988 reports
- Rashes (redness): 31,608 reports
- Diarrhea: 31,577 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 29,377 reports
Browse all side effects of Prednisone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pleurisy treatments and more:
- Pleurisy (8,383 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pleurisy:
- Pleurisy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pleurisy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pleurisy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Pleurisy:
- Methotrexate: 825 reports
- Humira: 670 reports
- Prednisone: 628 reports
- Prednisolone: 441 reports
- Enbrel: 382 reports
- Aspirin: 261 reports
- Remicade: 256 reports
- Omeprazole: 228 reports
- Ibu: 217 reports
- Profen: 217 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pleurisy:
- Pleurisy (1,691 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pleurisy:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,362 reports
- High blood pressure: 360 reports
- Osteoporosis: 242 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 237 reports
- Pain: 224 reports
- Birth control: 207 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pleurisy:
- Pleurisy (1,101 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prednisone (the active ingredients of Prednisone) and Prednisone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydrocortisone Butyrate and Lacrimation Increased - 2 seconds ago
- Akynzeo and Mesenteric Haemorrhage - 9 seconds ago
- Atacand Hct and Celiac Disease - Sprue - 11 seconds ago
- Loraz and Seborrhea - 21 seconds ago
- Eligard and Jevtana Kit drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Nicorette and Haemorrhoidal Haemorrhage - 30 seconds ago
- Tamoxifen Citrate and Paranoia - 34 seconds ago
- Imdur and Duodenal Ulcer, Obstructive - 35 seconds ago
- Revlimid and Saxagliptin drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Colace and Hyperphosphataemia - 49 seconds ago