Remeron and Weakness - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 23,389 people who have side effects when taking Remeron. Weakness is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Ativan and have Pain.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Remeron and have Weakness. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
23,389 people reported to have side effects when taking Remeron.
Among them, 1,321 people (5.65%) have Weakness.
What is Remeron?
Remeron has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is used in depression. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 25,853 Remeron users.
What is Weakness?
Weakness is found to be associated with 5,320 drugs and 6,387 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 555,924 people who have Weakness.
Number of Remeron and Weakness reports submitted per year:
Time on Remeron when people have Weakness *:
Gender of people who have Weakness when taking Remeron*:
Age of people who have Weakness when taking Remeron *:
Common drugs people take besides Remeron *:
Common side effects people have besides Weakness *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Remeron and have Weakness?Check whether Weakness is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Remeron side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Remeron side effects (25,853 reports)
Weakness treatments and more:
- Weakness (555,924 reports)
Common drugs associated with Weakness:
- Prednisone: 30,452 reports
- Aspirin: 26,881 reports
- Metformin: 17,618 reports
- Humira: 16,920 reports
- Methotrexate: 16,160 reports
- Omeprazole: 15,424 reports
- Amlodipine: 15,108 reports
- Vitamin d: 15,088 reports
- Tysabri: 14,800 reports
- Lisinopril: 14,469 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Weakness:
- Weakness (5,320 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Weakness:
- Multiple sclerosis: 44,054 reports
- High blood pressure: 24,528 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 22,768 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 17,735 reports
- Pain: 15,197 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Weakness:
- Weakness (6,387 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on mirtazapine (the active ingredients of Remeron) and Remeron (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Astelin and Pulmonary Air Leakage - 2 seconds ago
- Leuprolide Acetate and Nexium drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Fluorouracil and Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (Itp) - 5 seconds ago
- Valacyclovir and Furuncle - 7 seconds ago
- Campath and Sinusitis - Acute - 18 seconds ago
- Campath and Sinusitis - 18 seconds ago
- Xanax and Diffuse Interstitial Lung Disease - 21 seconds ago
- Aranesp and Pyelonephritis Acute - 21 seconds ago
- Ashlyna and Sertraline drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Soma and Hyperacusis - 27 seconds ago